Vacant lot next to 1855 church

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
Went out looking for a new place to hunt today.. I am envious of all you silver finders. I have done alot of research for places to hunt in my area, and always am comming up short in the silver department. Anyways i spent the morning there and found some clad, old nails, dart head, lock plate, and plenty of other junk items.. Where are thoose old coins.. Did you all dig em?

Attachments

• newspot.jpg
    newspot.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 996
  • digs1.jpg
    digs1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • digs2.jpg
    digs2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 991
Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say it ain't my fault. Dang it anyhow. I have found some nice coins but not even one silver coin this year. I feel your pain. It sure is nice to see silver when you dig a hole. Hang in there. I just know they missed one somewhere.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Down about 9" and farther in some areas around here. In that picture I'd say the silver is down at least 10", looks nice and soft and silver sinks quick.

You need to find a place where development or construction of old areas are going on. Places that had old apartments, duplexes, churches and old school etc are best, old sidewalk demolitons are good too. You can also hunt the tracks that the heavy equipment leave as long has they have displaced about 6" of soil or so. I find silver and old rings in areas like that.

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I'm sure there is silver waiting for your rescue, it's just a matter of time.

You came back with an interesting bounty of thingy do's and whatcha macallits...everyone has to dig there share of those. Think of it as volunteer conservation work. :D

I could build a couple of tractors and plows with all of the parts I've dug up by now.

But if I were you, I'd be practicing my happy dance so when the big day arrives and that silver shines through, you'll be ready!

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
In my back yard a 1942 liberty walking a 1944P war nickel and a 1936 mercury dime. I am envious of all you that can go out in the mid of Feb lol good luck with silver hunt

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
fd3615 said:
Where are thoose old coins.. Did you all dig em?

Actually, My silver coin I got last week came from a park that I went to on a clad hunt. I have spent lots of time researching and have come up empty from them. It's strange how it happends like that sometimes.

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
storm....is that clad count since jan 1st....must be a lot better weather there than here.Also lots of good areas...most of our local parks have been hit pretty hard,so the shallow clad is pretty much all gone.I don't mind though i prefer the deeper stuff most of the time.it is nice to find a spot with lots of quarters opccasionally to pay for gas lol....hh...jon

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Stormtrooper154 said:
fd3615 said:
Where are thoose old coins.. Did you all dig em?

Actually, My silver coin I got last week came from a park that I went to on a clad hunt. I have spent lots of time researching and have come up empty from them. It's strange how it happends like that sometimes.
I agree i have done research and found old locations.I also have come up emtpy handed.But i have gone to old home sites and found silver.I have the best luck at old farm houses or old homes.I do a
lot of driving locally and keep my eyes open for new sites.HH Wolfbite

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered why people said that my reaction should have been better on my vid when i found a silver quarter within the first hour of detecting.

vid here ---> <--------

I didnt realize that since it was silver that they are hard to find because people hoard them. I thought you could just easily find them in change at Burger King. I was a newbie, what can i say. Next time i find a silver coin i will cheer. I just thought it was cool because it was my first quarter. It was in my front lawn.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul -

I agree with others here - the silver is there but it's probably "deep"

hh and hit it again~

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep lookin, you'll find it! I once found a silver rosie under a shrub on top of the ground and then another not five feet from it several inches down....so who knows? Just keep lookin!

Nana :)

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
I'd bet it's there. You'll get it sooner or later with persistence. I think the cement pad is where the shed was at the back of the lot. Try searching to the left (as your looking at the picture) of the pad. There may have been a clothes line there in the back yard and maybe a garden spot or flower bed. If it was a pad for a shed, the driveway may have been in front of it and would have run all the way to the other street, opposite of where you were standing when you took the picture.

Good luck!

HH to all

sparkymaster

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
HH, and good luck.

I was once told by a very good MD'er last year while i was trying to get my sh** together that when the grass is grown up like that around the concrete that the finds are going to be deeper than we can detect.

THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT WE CANT STRIP OFF THE SOD AND GO AFTER IT

cept the darn home owner.

keep your head up, this is coming from a single silver piece find MF**.

Got all kinds of places to go now since the snow came.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread