Riverdog
Jr. Member
Hope everyone is doing well, I just got back from my vacation to North Myrtle Beach yesterday. The vacation was wonderful, the CRH and MD much less so! Took Rt 220 south from Roanoke VA. left early on a saturday so we could hit banks most of the way down.First surprise, most banks in western North Carolina dont open on Sat! AAHHG!
did hit a BoA in Greensboro and dump some rejects from my thursday box. In all, hit about 6 open banks between Roanoke and Myrtle Beach just a few loose halves, no silver. Monday bright and early start checking banks in MB. Let me say, it is bank heaven, they have maybe 30 banks in Horrey County. But there is apperently someone there already who CRHs, i hit about 28 banks along rt 17 i got maybe 100$ in halves and the only silver I got was one 40% over the counter and one Rosie from the coin counting machine! It was kinda depressing! one place there were 3 banks right next to each other, oh well, got another box waiting for me at my home bank. The metal detecting wasnt too hot either, but I feel a lot more personal responsability for that!
Anyway, if your going down there, I wont tell you not to look, i couldnt help myself either, but the pickings are slim. The Coastal Fidelity banks have free coin machines even for non members, which is nice.Hopefully my box tomorrow will have some silver, I need a fix!
Take care, and happy hunting
RD
did hit a BoA in Greensboro and dump some rejects from my thursday box. In all, hit about 6 open banks between Roanoke and Myrtle Beach just a few loose halves, no silver. Monday bright and early start checking banks in MB. Let me say, it is bank heaven, they have maybe 30 banks in Horrey County. But there is apperently someone there already who CRHs, i hit about 28 banks along rt 17 i got maybe 100$ in halves and the only silver I got was one 40% over the counter and one Rosie from the coin counting machine! It was kinda depressing! one place there were 3 banks right next to each other, oh well, got another box waiting for me at my home bank. The metal detecting wasnt too hot either, but I feel a lot more personal responsability for that!
Anyway, if your going down there, I wont tell you not to look, i couldnt help myself either, but the pickings are slim. The Coastal Fidelity banks have free coin machines even for non members, which is nice.Hopefully my box tomorrow will have some silver, I need a fix!Take care, and happy hunting
RD
Upvote
0







