Vacation finds, ohhhhhhhhhh the water was Great!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, sorry it's been awhile since I posted. Been a busy Summer.

My wife and I got away for a couple weeks on vacation in Michigan.
I had a motor and rented a boat and went water detecting.

You know the old saying you have to dig junk to find the goodies, well
that's what happened to me. I did find several rings, a necklace (sterling silver),
a bass pendent, a gold mother and child pendent, a gold cross, several ear rings and
toe rings and in the picture is a class ring from 1998 that I just found at a lake near me.

I am also sending along some of my not so great finds. I dug over 400 beer bottle caps, over
200 pull tabs and many other misc. junk items. Thought I would include these pictures for
those guys who think that all you find is good items.

Well HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• water finds.jpg
    water finds.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 678
  • bottle caps.jpg
    bottle caps.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 665
  • pull tabs.jpg
    pull tabs.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 669
Upvote 0
Really nice photos and great finds too, congrats
and thanks for sharing these.
I love to see what others are finding. Best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

OMG....check out those bottle caps and pulltabs...OMG....you hit the JACKPOT!!! I see you found alot of the same kind of bottle caps I did, those are so common and not much of value :(...and I see you also found a VERY RARE BLUE pulltab...I only found one of those myself....(I was going to find out it's value, but I didn't want anyone to know I found one, then everyone would be at the beach looking for theirs or the City Officials would probably come after me to hand it over, claiming something like HISTORICAL ARTIFACT.). We sure did hit the JACKPOT ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, great finds on the jewelry...WTG!!! Hope you find more of that and less bottle caps and pulltabs next time :)

HH.........Ann

LOVE that first picture! ;D Awesome vacation Ring!

Congrats!

;)

Love the rings! You might want to keep any of the bottle caps that are old! but man that must of been a lot fo pull tabs. Took me about 100 before i found my first silver ring! So i know what you mean! ;D

Were in michigan were you?

HH
-GC

never ceases to amaze me that people just throw trash, bottle caps and pull tabs on the ground...such pigs

Some nice jewerly there Denny. Sweet. ;D ;D

I still have the exact same trout on my keyring.

Now what did you use - the Ace? Just going waist deep?

Ringfinder, how's about some more details about the hunt itself? We need details! :>)

WTG

RJ

OK, OK, here is the low down. I was using my Tesoro Tiger Shark and my back up
Depth Pro water Machines. I was hunting in the water around the Morrison Lake Mich. area.
Guess that about sums up where you can find your very own stash of
beer bottle caps and pull tabs. I forgot to mention all the sinkers I found and
also some lures, sheer pins, snap pins, boat motor props and you just about name it!

Thanks for all the comments. Hope you all find lots of pull tabs and bottle caps,
that way I won't have to dig so darn many next year ha ha.

It amazes me that people can afford to buy expensive boats and pontoon's but
can't afford to buy a trash can for them. I wonder how many people a year
get hurt by stepping on all the trash left in the water.

By the way I found all the finds at the top of this page in the water, nothing on
land. This is another surprise to me, we water detector hunters dig every signal
in the water. Wonder why we don't dig all decent signals on land????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back