Vacation plans/ GA Mountains/ Where to stay?

beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall,

I'm wanting to break in my Bazooka Gold Trap and I live in FL. I want to travel to the GA - Georgia Mountains but know nothing about the area. Where can I legit go into some streams and pan and sluice for gold that has some decent hotels nearby that if I go for a family vacation I can sneak off for half a day and have some fun? Please send me links or areas. Not asking for anybody's honey holes just want to have some fun prospecting and trying out my new sluice box. Thanks!

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
....and y'all wonder why I moved back out west! Being born a Californian I was used to lots and lots of public land that was open to prospecting. After spending seven years in Georgia and getting in MAYBE seven days worth of prospecting I decided it was time for me to get back out west. Since I had no desire to move back to California with it's current treatment of miners and prospectors, I stopped short and landed in AridZona. Do I regret not going back to Cali? Not in the least! AridZona may be arid but it's got lots and lots of gold distributed across the state and lots of public lands to hunt for it on.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Beasy324 Look up Alabama gold camp in Craigford Alabama on the east cental line of Georgia. camping / cabins and grocerys on property or close by. Its been about 15 years ago that I was there and they have really built up the land with improvements.

OP
OP
beasy324

beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@russau. Thanks ill check them out!