What's new

Value of Collection

Saraharney

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 3, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently been considering parting with my collection, I have tried to find someone who could maybe tell me what it would be worth and have had no such luck. Would anyone be able to help me please?
 

Attachments

  • 20191119_141841.webp
    20191119_141841.webp
    717 KB · Views: 167
  • 20191119_141859.webp
    20191119_141859.webp
    571.5 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
That is a nice assortment of artifacts. They look mostly field grade and the value would most likely not be on the high end. If they have any sentimental value I would keep them. Also as Uniface asked, the location they are from is important.
 
I'm not entirely sure, I'm from Kentucky but I also have family in Indiana, Illinois, and some surrounding areas.
 
As Newnam Man said they appear to be average field finds and none appear to be real valuable as many appear to have broken tips and ears which makes them worth very little. Field finds usually average about $3 -$7 each depending on quality and type, sometimes less. Probably worth more to you than to most buyers.
 
Last edited:
I'd have to agree with the others. Looks like mostly field grade pieces with some damage to quite a few. Nothing rare or spectacular either so probably $150 tops for all of them minus the trays. With the trays $175 to $200.
 
Priceless if you found them Keep them or pass to somebody close to you , the monetary value of those comes nowhere close to the hours spent finding them
 
Agree with all. My 2 cents: the market for 'field grade' projectile points is extremely limited. Who is gonna pay $100 or $150 or $200 for chipped, broken artifacts? Maybe a beginning level collector, if you can find one.
 
Looks to be from the south east maybe middle Tn or even N. Ala? Did you say what area?
Welcome to T-net
 
I’d pay 100 for that. But I am a beginning level collector. [emoji108]🏼
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom