Vanquish 540 low bias button question

maddhatter

Nov 29, 2021
Hi All,
One of the reasons I bought the 540 model was it had low bias button which enabled you to more easily pick out good targets from the iron. So wanting to see how this actually performed in the real world I did some testing with it, trying to simulate the situations that could appear with iron and a coin for example. But after doing many tests with different scenarios I have been unable to see any difference whatsoever between the stock high bias setting and the low bias setting. None, zero. Same separation, same tone, same signal, same everything. No difference. Has anybody here with a 540 done some actual testing with the low bias button and found ANY difference at all between the two settings? If so, how did you test it and what was the difference? Just want to make sure this is working on my machine as it's a nice option to have if it works....

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
One of the reasons I bought the 540 model was it had low bias button which enabled you to more easily pick out good targets from the iron. So wanting to see how this actually performed in the real world I did some testing with it, trying to simulate the situations that could appear with iron and a coin for example. But after doing many tests with different scenarios I have been unable to see any difference whatsoever between the stock high bias setting and the low bias setting. None, zero. Same separation, same tone, same signal, same everything. No difference. Has anybody here with a 540 done some actual testing with the low bias button and found ANY difference at all between the two settings? If so, how did you test it and what was the difference? Just want to make sure this is working on my machine as it's a nice option to have if it works....
Check out Iffy Signal's video where he tests and explains the Vanquish 540 low bias:

OP
OP
M

maddhatter

Nov 29, 2021
Check out Iffy Signal's video where he tests and explains the Vanquish 540 low bias:

Thanks for the link as I hadn't seen this one before. I was aware of what it was supposed to do only that it wasn't working on my machine until I realized I had to use objects with big iron in them then it became obvious what it does. The little iron it doesn't always change the bias probably due to the programming in the unit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread