What's new

Vaquero finds gold

MD epidemic

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
65
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Excal, wader,Vaquero,Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not used my Vaquero much this year but plan on using it for the next 3-4 weeks if not water hunting, it's getting cold. So far the 1st time
out I found this 14K necklace with opals and this past weekend I found the 14K pendent and $11.21 in clad and my first modern cache (LOL) a candy tube with $2.18
mostly Nickels.
I mostly use TID detectors when land hunting but sent one in for repair and decided to give the Vaq a try. I have my disc set just above iron and have dug alot more aluminum foil and bottle caps than normal but it has paid off and I don't mind digging and removing the trash since I usually go to the same parks anyway. I hope I can keep up the gold streak 2 weekends in a row.

HH, Epi
 

Attachments

  • Gold neclace2(vaq).webp
    Gold neclace2(vaq).webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Gold necklace(vaq).webp
    Gold necklace(vaq).webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 9-30-12 pendent (VAQ).webp
    9-30-12 pendent (VAQ).webp
    111.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 9-30-12 Cache(VAQ).webp
    9-30-12 Cache(VAQ).webp
    90.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 9-30-12 Cache2(VAQ).webp
    9-30-12 Cache2(VAQ).webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 9-30-12 trash.webp
    9-30-12 trash.webp
    106.2 KB · Views: 164
Great finds! Congrats. You may find yourself using the V more often now!
 
Thanks MD,you have something going there,I have had two different Vaqueros,but i am not even going to be dumb enough to give you any tips,from now on I'm coming to you for answers! This is unreal,i have not seen something like this in awhile!.Whatever you are doing with that detector,keep doing it!.man.... :-$
 
Nice! Looks like you had a great day. The Vaquero surprises alot of people. Congrats!
 
Thanks MD,you have something going there,I have had two different Vaqueros,but i am not even going to be dumb enough to give you any tips,from now on I'm coming to you for answers! This is unreal,i have not seen something like this in awhile!.Whatever you are doing with that detector,keep doing it!.man.... :-$

Thanks, SpirtRelic but I'm sure you know the Vaq very well and can teach me alot. I just got lucky and swung the coil over the right spot, with low Discrimination. My plan was
to use the clean sweep coil and dig all signals at the park(soccer field ) where I found the heart pendant. Instead I used the 5.75 concentric because it was already mounted. It was
the combo i used when I found the necklace at a totlot.
I must say it is a great little coil and hits hard on targets and I don't even have to use the pinpoint feature. The heart pendant is actually my deepest gold, found on land, it was aproximatly 4-5' range
and hit loud and clear.


HH,Epi
 
Do you have the original low tone,or the high tone?I still can not decide on which way to go on the next Vaq.Maybe low,for easy on the ears.Did you say you had the DD 5.75 or concentric?Do you use headphones?I don't know if i would supertune the Vaq for jewelry hunting.Have you supertuned the Vaq?There are so many good coils for the Vaq,the 10x5 dd is overlooked by all ,but this coil is awesome on the Vaq.Would be great for jewelry. :-D
 
Great finds! Especially that opal necklace, it looks like it could be worth up to several thousand dollars. I'm talking the gold plus the opal value. The retail value of jewelry is terrible nowdays.
 
Do you have the original low tone,or the high tone?I still can not decide on which way to go on the next Vaq.Maybe low,for easy on the ears.Did you say you had the DD 5.75 or concentric?Do you use headphones?I don't know if i would supertune the Vaq for jewelry hunting.Have you supertuned the Vaq?There are so many good coils for the Vaq,the 10x5 dd is overlooked by all ,but this coil is awesome on the Vaq.Would be great for jewelry. :-D

I have the low tone and was using the concentric coil. I also have the 5.75 DD but have not used it. I was using the Calrad's that came with the detector when i bought it, but for these last hunts I used the Koss UR-30's I took from another detector because the cable was longer.. Yes, I supertuned once or twice over a year and a half ago with stock coil but can't comment on how it worked, I don't remember.

HH.Epi
 
I must say it is a great little coil and hits hard on targets and I don't even have to use the pinpoint feature. The heart pendant is actually my deepest gold, found on land, it was aproximatly 4-5' range
and hit loud and clear.


HH,Epi

Four to five feet? You must have been digging for hours! :coffee2:

I only use my pin-point maybe 5-10% of the time, I can't imagine how tight you can pinpoint with the smaller coil. One of these days when I'm employeed again, I'm giving this machine serious consideration.

Anywhozit majorly nice finds...it's amazing what you can find on tot lots...and many people don't search them regularly.
 
Sweet Finds - Congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Four to five feet? You must have been digging for hours! :coffee2:

OOPs...:tongue3: I mean yah, I was tired, but It only took 2 hours because I was using my custom digger. :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom