What's new

Vaquero weekend finds

MD epidemic

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
65
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Excal, wader,Vaquero,Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, no gold this weekend but I sure did try. I dug almost every target as you can see buy the trash pics, 3 hunts worth. But I did find silver and some type of token. The Barber is
the first silver coin dug with the Vaquero.

HH, Epi
 

Attachments

  • 10-8-12 trash (2).webp
    10-8-12 trash (2).webp
    118.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 10-8-12 trash.webp
    10-8-12 trash.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 10-7-12 (vaq).webp
    10-7-12 (vaq).webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 10-7-13(vaq)2.webp
    10-7-13(vaq)2.webp
    87.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 10-7-12(vaq) Pandora.webp
    10-7-12(vaq) Pandora.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 10-7-12 Token.webp
    10-7-12 Token.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Man that was a lot of digging. You did good.
 
What depth was the barber? I have a vaquero as well and haven't found much silver with it. I know its a deep machine but im Just hoping that its not because it doesn't get good depth on silver and I'm missing the deeper stuff
 
It was not to deep in the 3-4" range.
 
nice coin,thanks for sharing!!
 
Ahh alright...I just didn't know how deep the vaquero goes on silver. I assume you can go down a good 7-8 inches with it on average, but haven't relle seen any posts on anyone findin silver that deep with it
 
Ahh alright...I just didn't know how deep the vaquero goes on silver. I assume you can go down a good 7-8 inches with it on average, but haven't relle seen any posts on anyone findin silver that deep with it


Sorry, I can't be of help. That was my first silver with the Vaquero and last week I dug a mercury and that was not too deep I have yet to find a deep silver 7-10" range with any detector Land hunting.
I have been trying to clean a lot of trash out of this park to see if I can hit something deep but just hasn't happened. My problem is I have I have to many detectors and I water hunt in the summer so
I have not learned one land detector well. Plus I have hearing loss, the coins have to be there and I you have to get the coil over the target.If I ever get silver over 6" range I will let you know.

I noticed you also swing a Minelab which is know for deep silver. I also have an SE and have not found deep silver with it. On a side note my Vaquero has already paid for it self with 3 gold finds and some silver but I dig a lot more trash.

HH, Epi
 
MD epidemic said:
Sorry, I can't be of help. That was my first silver with the Vaquero and last week I dug a mercury and that was not too deep I have yet to find a deep silver 7-10" range with any detector Land hunting.
I have been trying to clean a lot of trash out of this park to see if I can hit something deep but just hasn't happened. My problem is I have I have to many detectors and I water hunt in the summer so
I have not learned one land detector well. Plus I have hearing loss, the coins have to be there and I you have to get the coil over the target.If I ever get silver over 6" range I will let you know.

I noticed you also swing a Minelab which is know for deep silver. I also have an SE and have not found deep silver with it. On a side note my Vaquero has already paid for it self with 3 gold finds and some silver but I dig a lot more trash.

HH, Epi

I'm sure the targets are there man, just gotta keep diggin. But right now I only have the vaquero. I had a minelab a while back but got tired of the screen and all the settings so I got the vaquero instead. I would like another detector or two, but right now it's not in the budget. I'd like to get a tesoro tiger shark for water hunting, that's hopefully my next purchase
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom