What's new

Various pieces

BobTheDigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2016
Messages
96
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found most of these in the field next to my house and one of the points I found in my garden (cant remember which one). The field is littered with pieces of flint and I have another handful of small chips but these pictured are the best I've come across so far. I'm just getting into artifact hunting so any info on these would be greatly appreciated. The piece in the top right is what interest me the most. Its hard to tell from the pic but the edge is very sharp. These were all found in SW PA. I also noticed a lot of folks mention that they have found their artifacts in creeks or streams. Is that specific to their region or are streams somewhere I should be looking as well? Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0280 (640x480).webp
    IMG_0280 (640x480).webp
    31 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0281 (640x480).webp
    IMG_0281 (640x480).webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
nice start,yes always look in creeks,alot of them end up there.i think you have archaic points.the top right looks like the beginning of the reduction process.thanks for sharing.
 
Nice! That is an asset if you only have to go out the back door an find an area to search for artifacts. Lucky you!
 
Next to the house hunting grounds now thats special. If they use a disc on the fields you will find tons of broken ones. Ive seen quartz rocks cut rite in half by the disc here. The one on the right top looks to be something they were trying to decide if it was worth working. Lots of flint will have quartz inclusions in them and they would of tried to work them but once they hit a inclusion they would of tossed it unless they could work around it. Nice finds
 
Looks like you're on the right track, and you definitely need to hit that creek!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom