Very detailed 1877 Seated Dime

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no expert at grading coins, but I know this one is 100 times better than the 1854 dime I found earlier this year. What would this grade? Also, what is your opinion of the mint mark on the back. It looks like a square and I assume it was an 0 or S, but just can't tell. I can't seem to get close-ups any better or detailed to show you. Too bad it has a few old scratches across the chest. I found an 1899 barber quarter a couple nights ago on the bordering property. The house that sits at this site is only about 20 years old but it sits opposite corners from a school dating back into the 1890's and next door to a house that dated back into the 1870's. I only hunted tonight for 20 minutes because the mosquitos were unbelievable. Trust me, I wanted to stay but couldn't. I dug a few clad coins, a wheat in the 50's, and a lantern base (pat. date 1872). I have permission to hit this yard anytime along with another lot he owns next to it. I think I will come back during the day when the mosquitos are laying low.

100_1987.jpg

100_1989.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back