What's new

Very Disturbing Brinks Box

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Just as soon as I defend Brinks, I get a box that was new and sealed. When I cut the tape and popped the lid I noticed the rolls looked weird. All of them had been opened and were shoddily folded on one end. A number of them were marked 1 or 2.
My guess is that they were searched and stuffed back in the roll by a CRH'r. They then turned the full box back to the bank. When Brinks got them they must have decided to skip a step and just put them in a new box, taped it up and shipped it out.
The numbers on the roll probably signify the number of replacement clads that each roll needed. 1 roll held 21 halves. The balance was a super skunk as expected. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • badbox.webp
    badbox.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 549
  • roll marks.webp
    roll marks.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0
I have gotten rolls like that were obvious dumps from local banks, but never in a box, that really SUCKS!
 
Tim,

Last week I had two boxes come in, one was a new box, the other was a box with a long piece of tape covering the backside seam (CWI box rather than your brinks box). Sure enough I took off the tape and opened the flap and there were 50 pre-searched rolls looking at me. Hope my 3 boxes today aren't like that :'(
 
Disturbing is getting a 16 coin roll, or several 18-19 coin rolls, or several penny/nickel/dime substitutions in the rolls, or getting an Alexander Flemming medal on the end of a roll, etc.....


Your boxes just stunk. They stunk really bad, but they just stunk. On the plus side, you did get a 21 coin roll, which is rarer than finding a 40% silver.
 
Sorry Tim, did you catch me smiling? ::) I really do feel bad about the box you got but, when I saw your pic, the smile was automatic. Hey, you made 50 cents, right?
 
I haven't seen them pull that trick here in CA yet. But then again I don't get brinks boxes very often anymore.....they just don't produce.
Did they toss in the 1 - 40%er like someone suggested they are doing in another post........LOL
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 
packerbacker said:
Sorry Tim, did you catch me smiling? ::) I really do feel bad about the box you got but, when I saw your pic, the smile was automatic. Hey, you made 50 cents, right?

Yes - wipe that smirk off your face!
It is kind of funny but, man what a waste of time! :tard:

Silver_Fox said:
I haven't seen them pull that trick here in CA yet. But then again I don't get brinks boxes very often anymore.....they just don't produce.
Did they toss in the 1 - 40%er like someone suggested they are doing in another post........LOL
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

They didn't even have the decency to seed it with an NIFC, Fox.
Some people have all the luck. :tongue3:
 
TXTim said:
They didn't even have the decency to seed it with an NIFC, Fox.
Some people have all the luck. :tongue3:
The nerve of them....LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom