What's new

Very exited!

silversnacher

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
627
Reaction score
92
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission to detect near a stream on (private property) where on the 1875 map it says saw mill but on some later maps (I think one in the 1890s and one in 1916) it doesn't show saw mill anymore but near it it shows school! I'm very happy and wondering if the saw mill would have closed in the 1800s and why it would have? Thanks!
 
Yes! I'm going today!!!
 
Gook luck! Sounds promising.
 
I hunted for about three hours, the lady was extremely nice! She gave me a tour of the inside her 200+ year home and showed me an arrowhead she found there herself! She also told me that she heard somebody found a gold pice in the stream! I didn't find any coins or really old relics but it was cool!
 
I hunted for about three hours, the lady was extremely nice! She gave me a tour of the inside her 200+ year home and showed me an arrowhead she found there herself! She also told me that she heard somebody found a gold pice in the stream! I didn't find any coins or really old relics but it was cool!
1 day or 1 week does little at a big site or even a small site it takes many many hours of hunting to open a site up and see whats inside...think of it like a onion theres lots of layers
...i spent 3 hours in a virgin park and only found 1 dime and i thought well i cherry picked that park out...so a month later when i was bored i went back and bang 13 silver that day...been back and dug over 30 from there and its less than an acre park that ive spent no less than 100 hours in by now ....dont give up on old sites after 3 hours
 
1 day or 1 week does little at a big site or even a small site it takes many many hours of hunting to open a site up and see whats inside...think of it like a onion theres lots of layers
...i spent 3 hours in a virgin park and only found 1 dime and i thought well i cherry picked that park out...so a month later when i was bored i went back and bang 13 silver that day...been back and dug over 30 from there and its less than an acre park that ive spent no less than 100 hours in by now ....dont give up on old sites after 3 hours

Thank you for the advice! I might have to go back sometime! I know my 350 can find something!
 
Good luck on future hunts. The artifacts are waiting to be found...as well as some old silver.
 
Look for large trees where they may have had their lunch then layed back and lost change. Gathering spots in back where they may have had a smoke or hooch out of view of the boss. Anywhere along the water. Good luck. TTC
 
Look for large trees where they may have had their lunch then layed back and lost change. Gathering spots in back where they may have had a smoke or hooch out of view of the boss. Anywhere along the water. Good luck. TTC

Thanks! There was a big tree I went around and I did do in the stream a little, the lady said a little further in the stream there was a big hole like 8' ish swimming hole?
 
She also mentioned it was the biggest dairy in the area at one time!
 
Silversnatcher,
Your place sounds like a dream come true and it should have a wonderful surprise for you.............63 bkpkr
 
If it is too deep for your detector (not submersible) rig up a strainer like the archies do. TTC
 
I'm wondering if the saw mill wasn't converted into that school :icon_scratch:
 
I'm wondering if the saw mill wasn't converted into that school :icon_scratch:

I don't believe so, the school was a little way down according to the owner, she didn't know anything about the saw mill though.
 
I don't believe so, the school was a little way down according to the owner, she didn't know anything about the saw mill though.
Try the library maybe you can find some info there and if your lucky acouple pictures...sometimes the land owner doesnt rember the real story things can get skewed ..
 
Terry really needs to answer this but I will take a stab at it - for the 8' deep pool to get an idea of what is in there a person can rig up a "scoop" of sorts with small holes drilled into it to let the water drain, put the scoop/bucket on a long handle like a length of conduit and scrape the bottom of the pond with it. Check contents of scoop and see what you find. At least, this is what I've done at one location and I found money down there................63bkpkr
 
Terry really needs to answer this but I will take a stab at it - for the 8' deep pool to get an idea of what is in there a person can rig up a "scoop" of sorts with small holes drilled into it to let the water drain, put the scoop/bucket on a long handle like a length of conduit and scrape the bottom of the pond with it. Check contents of scoop and see what you find. At least, this is what I've done at one location and I found money down there................63bkpkr

Oh! I get it! Thanks for the info!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom