What's new

Very frustrated with banks - please advise!!!!

tenseventyfive

Full Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
131
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Ok after a great and lucky first time out (I had found $170 in halves, with a bunch of silver, at a branch of my bank) I am being totally stymied trying to order boxes from banks. My own bank (Citibank) doesn't want to order boxes of halves for me, and I have several accounts with a good deal of money with them, INCLUDING a business checking and MM acct. Neither would the other three banks of different comapnies (HSBC, TD Bank, and Emigrant Savings, a local) that I went to. I am thinking of going to B of A and offering to move all my Citi money there if they will a) order me boxes, and b) not charge me for doing so. Can someone give me some advice? First off, do you normally pay a fee to order boxes, either from your own bank or another? Second, HOW do you guys get boxes? Am I approaching it wrong by going in and asking to order a box? The woman at Citi was sort of nasty about it and I am likely to move my accounts just based on crappy CS, but I live in a place where there are no less than EIGHT banks on the main street in town. I shouldn't be having this hard a time getting coins, and for sure not from my own damn bank where I have six accounts.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I would talk to your business client relationship manager (the person who is your primary POC for you business accounts) and tell them your local branch won't order you the coins and that you are not getting the type of service you should get. Banks value business acounts much more than individual accounts. They don't want to lose your business.


If for some odd reason they still give you a hassle or want to charge you for the coins, take your business elsewhere. Your old bank can become your new favorite dump bank. :)
 
I have had zero problems with BoA. Either with picking up or dumping. TD has good and less than good branches.
 
WormtownFJR said:
I have had zero problems with BoA. Either with picking up or dumping.
Same here, my BofA ordered 2-3 boxes a week for me (no charge) for a over 1.5 years. I never dump and BofA, that is what Wells Fargo is for. ::)
 
Dunno where you're at, Bro, but my BOA and Capital One banks do NOT order halves for me.
I feel your frustration, because trying to engage in CRH activities locally is NOT happening for me.
Which, again, gives my wife more strength to be a "nay-sayer" for my CRH desires.
I drive out-of-town a bit, but all I see are branches of these banks.
I will attempt to see if there are any other types.
 
Ok maybe it's branch to branch then - I am going to speak to someone at BOA on Tuesday, offer to bring my personal business there if they will get me the coins in general, but I will say I'll come only if it's free. Even if it's not free I will probably go because I am just sick of Sh*tibank, you know what I mean?
Bad attitudes.


Thanks guys!
 
tenseventyfive said:
Ok maybe it's branch to branch then - I am going to speak to someone at BOA on Tuesday, offer to bring my personal business there if they will get me the coins in general, but I will say I'll come only if it's free. Even if it's not free I will probably go because I am just sick of Sh*tibank, you know what I mean?
Bad attitudes.


Thanks guys!

What you get when its run by the government. When was the last time you were at the DMV and anyone gave a sh*t?
 
tenseventyfive said:
Ok maybe it's branch to branch then - I am going to speak to someone at BOA on Tuesday, offer to bring my personal business there if they will get me the coins in general, but I will say I'll come only if it's free. Even if it's not free I will probably go because I am just sick of Sh*tibank, you know what I mean?
Bad attitudes.


Thanks guys!

I have found that the smaller "community" type banks are MUCH friendlier (and at least act like they actually want your business) than the national "chain" type banks, at least in my area. You might try that route.
 
Business Account with BoA, they order for me with no problems or issues.
Business Account with USB, they take loose bags at $1000 per drop, no complaints.
Gotta establish a repport with the Merchant/Vault Teller...
 
Kauka said:
Dunno where you're at, Bro, but my BOA and Capital One banks do NOT order halves for me.
I feel your frustration, because trying to engage in CRH activities locally is NOT happening for me.
Which, again, gives my wife more strength to be a "nay-sayer" for my CRH desires.
I drive out-of-town a bit, but all I see are branches of these banks.
I will attempt to see if there are any other types.


My main BOA was great for ordering halves. I never ordered more than 4 boxes per week when I was really CRHing alot. Another BOA I went to thought they were doing me a huge favor to order me one box per month (I am not kidding).

Jim
 
I've never had a problem ordering from Wachovia (Wells Fargo) or Bank Atlantic, a smaller local bank that I use for my business account. I've even ordered from B of A before and don't even have an account there, just use them to cash an occasional check. Your bank needs to step it up, that's ridiculous.
 
Judging by the responses, it appears that my branches are NOT up to par
Guess I'll bug them more
Or
Shop for another bank to allow me to continue my CRH endeavors
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom