Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out yesterday hunting on old burned out house with fellow members TheMazakas and Tefloncandy. We had a good hunt in a site apparently nobody had hit before, but I found an object I'd like clarification on. It appears to me to be a key of some sort for a water, gas or other sort of access. It's about 5 inches long with about a 3 inch handle. Anybody know what it's for/to? Appreciate any responses!

Key 2.jpg Key 3.jpg

Attachments

• Key 1.jpg
    Key 1.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 40

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe the key to my ex-girlfriend's heart. Before she left she mentioned something about mine not being big enough. ??? :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Guardrailnickel

Jan 11, 2020
Pa. 19512
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its a manhole cover, what may be under the manhole? Treasure perhaps? Keep looking in the area if you find a manhole cover, you already have the key.

Upvote 0

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Javadroid

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Javadroid

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hmmm - I wonder if they have their info right on that post... still, it was on a farm property where there were no manhole covers around, but I doubt there was a jail either... maybe they used it for a well cover? Curious, but I think I will go with jail key against the prevailing info posted prior, as that has a more intriguing ring to it! :skullflag:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Javadroid

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes amazes me what fleabay sellers will come up with to try and improve the value of otherwise ordinary items.

Yeah, not doubting that mate, but I am willing to entertain fanciful origins of my finds before I accept reality. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Clo

Oct 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some municipalities have locking water meter covers. The only way to get in them is to twist that key. While there are special tools to help lift a regular manhole (sewer)cover, they are usually more of a hook. Have you ever tried lifting one with your fingers?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread