βœ… SOLVED Can You Identify This Fragment of Flow Blue China?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found at a site that possibly had soldiers and civilians camped in 1862. There isn't much to go on here, unfortunately. Identifying this might help me verify that I am on the site that I have been researching.

B8VYCtn.jpg GjRG3L6.jpg

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not much to go on, although I'm certain that someone here will recognize the abbreviated name and pattern. :thumbsup:

With my untrained eye, I would hazard to guess that it's British dating to from 1820 - 50? :icon_scratch:

Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not much to go on, although I'm certain that someone here will recognize the abbreviated name and pattern. :thumbsup:

With my untrained eye, I would hazard to guess that it's British dating to from 1820 - 50? :icon_scratch:

Dave

Yeah, I know there's not much, but if someone knows the manufacturers, I'm hoping they'll recognize the name or location from those letters. I doubt the pattern on the front piece will be any help, but you never know.

Upvote 0

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure either. If someone on TNet is unable to, you may find it on this website an archaeologist gave me -> https://apps.jefpat.maryland.gov/diagnostic/index.htm. If not, return to the site and maybe you'll find some larger pieces which will help ID it.

If/when I return to the site, I'm hoping to have much more than just a fragment of china.

That website will be useful in general in the future, so thanks for that. I don't know how applicable it will be to our area, but I'm sure it will be of at least some use here. But probably not for this shard. If anybody will be able to help, it will be someone who knows the names of the manufacturers or locations of manufacture. If there were more letters, or even just the first letters instead of the last, I would have a good chance of finding it myself by simply Googling it. But as it is, I'm afraid it will take someone that already knows the names.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should add that it is a highly glassy/glossy glaze that is very crazed, and on close inspection with a loupe, shows no sign of halftone dots like a transfer would.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread