What's new

Very nice teller!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
314
Golden Thread
0
OK, I've only posted a few other times, and actually forgot my password today had to reset it, but I just had to share this one with you all.... I've recently moved from Northern Virginia (which was a pretty good area for boxes) to the Midwest. Not as good for boxes -- I've done three since moving here with only one 40% and some clad proofs, one 1974 D Double Die, but I've had decent luck with the tellers. So, I take some halves back to my local bank (very friendly, they told me we've got a counter, we'll just count them up for you -- no problem). I brought in a couple hundred bucks in loose halves to dump and the teller is very friendly so I ask her if there are already any halves in the machine. I've asked this several other times at other banks, and they always tell me they can't sell them to me etc, but I figure these guys have been very nice to me here so why not?

She says "sure, I'll just bring out the container and you can look through them. I almost passed out!

So, she brings out a plastic container that the coins are sorted into and dumps about $50 in halves on the counter and says "just pick out the ones you want and we can swap the ones you brought in for them!" My daughter (13 -- loves to CRH with Dad) and I just about lost it at that point.

So... We got two foreign coins (my daughter saves all them). 2 Walkers including a 1917, 1 Franklin (1951 very nice), 1 1964 Kennedy and 6 40%ers. She just took the halves out of my dump and we made the swap. She also promised to call me whenever anyone brings any other halves in -- got the call today, I'm headed over in the AM.

I've died and gone to CRH heaven!

Happy hunting to you all.
 
Upvote 0
wow, that is a nice teller. Some of my tellers will call me when they get halves in, or when machine bags fill for me to buy. But I've never had them let me look in the bag and take what I want to swap out. That sounds like a little honey hole.
 
very nice, this is a behind the counter coin machine?

I once heard silver so i just helped myself and got it :). then teller found another to swap with my dump
 
Good score, You have a Dream Teller the kind everyone dreams about :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Please take care of that teller ! A nice box of chocolates (with a thank you card ! ) at very
least . Argentium.
 
I agree with Argentium :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Yep, it's a behind the counter machine. Agree on the chocolates. Gotta take care of the good ones!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom