What's new

Very pretty apple creek??

archer66

Sr. Member
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
454
Reaction score
151
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Missouri
I’ve found three of these in my creeks....all the same size and this one is the prettiest by far. I believe it’s heat treated Burlington Chert but I’m no expert on lithic materials by any means.

Would you call it an Apple Creek or something else? I’m in NE Missouri if that helps.
 

Attachments

  • 4F7B3383-EE0B-473C-A8DC-52E88877E11F.webp
    4F7B3383-EE0B-473C-A8DC-52E88877E11F.webp
    201.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 1A190E54-501F-485C-84A7-BEC52C929AD4.webp
    1A190E54-501F-485C-84A7-BEC52C929AD4.webp
    120.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 63F017FD-3D9E-4918-B811-0FB012A78308.webp
    63F017FD-3D9E-4918-B811-0FB012A78308.webp
    509.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 96655B15-E34F-4501-ABDD-739AF820DBFF.webp
    96655B15-E34F-4501-ABDD-739AF820DBFF.webp
    944.8 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
That arrowhead is amazing! While I cannot offer any new info for you, I at least wanted to drop a comment saying that. Thank you for posting for all to drewel over, me included!
 
I’m thinking maybe a Hardin type.

Nice big artifact, way to go!!!
 
:icon_thumright: It is a beautiful point with some awesome color.
 
I just walked in the house from a long hunt and now you instantly made me want to go back out there. Sorry I can’t help in the ID, but that’s one amazing find.
 
That's a beautiful point! It looks similar to the Rattle Snake Coral that some Florida points were made from. I have no clue on Missouri material.
 
I would agree that it's heated Burlington. Notches not right for a Hardin. Hardins were never heated anyway. Late archaic or woodland is my guess. Gary
 
Man you are lucky it wasnt snapped in half laying in them cobbles and good eye to see that one
 
Superb! Thanks for the pics!
 
That is really a nice find congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom