Very promising day....

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a road trip and go some good stuff. One bank had a sealed bag of 100 Eisenhowers!!! From the outside I see multiple silvers including a peace dollar. Thats the first peace dollar I have ever hunted! Another bank has "Around $700 in halves in the vault." I asked if they were all from the same person and she said "No they have been accumulating over the years!!!" Only problem? They couldnt open the vault, and I have to go back next week :BangHead::BangHead:. So for the next few days thats all I am going to think about LOL.

I decided to resist the temptation of opening the Eisenhowers and decided to throw the bag on Ebay, will post a link and pics tomorrow when the listing begins if anyone is interested.

HH everyone

Joe

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll guess $200.00. Did you go back to the other bank to get the 700 in halves? HH, Maverick.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll guess $200.00. Did you go back to the other bank to get the 700 in halves? HH, Maverick.

Yes, I'm interested to hear about the old, accumulated halves.

Well done on the ebay sale - the Ikes are already going for much more than I would have paid. If it was me, I couldn't help looking around the sealed bag to see what's in it. Shouldn't be all that hard with 100 coins in clear bag.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CC-Hunter,
I'm sure he's already had a good look but there is nothing to gain by giving the exact number of, Peace, Morgan, and Silver Ike's. I wouldn't. It's the unknown that will probably drive this auction up to $285. Yep, that's my guess.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people would say it is unethical to not clearly spell out what is in the bag. For shame!

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
It's a clear bag you can obviously see whats in there.
At most its 3-40% ikes and one possibly two peace.
Total value shouldn't be any more then 156.00 including the clad ikes.
Sad some poor sucker is going to spend 200+ for 50.00 worth of silver.
No difference between this and the "unsearched" wheat rolls on ebay with seated dime convieniently on the end

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people would say it is unethical to not clearly spell out what is in the bag. For shame!

No this one he doesnt know for sure 100% whats in the bag- his discription is very well writen and clear not misleading-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a clear bag you can obviously see whats in there.
At most its 3-40% ikes and one possibly two peace.
Total value shouldn't be any more then 156.00 including the clad ikes.
Sad some poor sucker is going to spend 200+ for 50.00 worth of silver.
No difference between this and the "unsearched" wheat rolls on ebay with seated dime convieniently on the end

Unless the buyer can sell the ikes for a profit or there are the errors and such as stated in the discription- I dont think $200 is too much(not sure ill go that high and think itll go higher) because of the ag and then the possibility for the errors/different types and then selling the ikes for a profit

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not the point though. The point is that people are willingly paying a premium for the possibilities and the excitement. It's not unlike a lottery ticket. Not many people are truly expecting to win when they buy one, but they are doing it anyway. They're not suckers. They're looking for a thrill.
So...let the buyers have their fun, let the sellers have their money, and enough of the guilt trips and finger pointing. We're all on the same general mission on this forum; we're just taking slightly different paths.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
That's not the point though. The point is that people are willingly paying a premium for the possibilities and the excitement. It's not unlike a lottery ticket. Not many people are truly expecting to win when they buy one, but they are doing it anyway. They're not suckers. They're looking for a thrill.
So...let the buyers have their fun, let the sellers have their money, and enough of the guilt trips and finger pointing. We're all on the same general mission on this forum; we're just taking slightly different paths.

Only difference is the lottery agency doesn't take your money knowing its rigged already.
Good try though

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clear plastic bag can be easily bent and shaken around to see what in it. Those bags are big I could search every coin in the bag and keep them separate so I know what I searched without even opening the bag especially these big dollars. Just lay the bag flat with all the dollars to one side and push them one by one, checking them and ounce you do push them to the other end and your done. It's not rocket science.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No this one he doesnt know for sure 100% whats in the bag- his discription is very well writen and clear not misleading-

Are you kidding? Joe's no dummy. I'm willing to bet that he looked at every silver coin in that bag, made sure that they were not key or semi-key dates, and posted it to eBay knowing that he would make more on the intrigue of the unopened bag with silver showing than he would keeping the one Peace, selling the silver Ikes, and dealing with 95 clad Ikes.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy some people are so negative its funny! No difference between this listing and some "unsearched" penny roll with 2 mercury dime ends? LOL!!! I got this at the bank, SEALED. People are ridiculous and I can only guess there is some jealousy involved.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said he might not of looked at all the coins to see how much ag was in there- but there is NO way he knows 100% what the ikes are- he can not check them inside the bag to see the diferent types and errors- his discription doenst say "unsearched" anywhere- it even goes as far as saying he did look at the coins in the bag and can see multiple silver coins and what appears to be a peace- ok he did mention morgan in the heading of the listing- but again he doeant know 100% what Ikes are conatained in there- yes maybe he could see the bicentennial or 72's but wouldnt be able to tell the errors on them-
Ya hes no dummy and ya if there would have been more ag or peace/morgans im sure he wouldve kept it but his description is very clear defined

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up the $700, no visible enders some are a clear dump. Will post results later.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh. Total skunk city! Can't win em all!

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Boy some people are so negative its funny! No difference between this listing and some "unsearched" penny roll with 2 mercury dime ends? LOL!!! I got this at the bank, SEALED. People are ridiculous and I can only guess there is some jealousy involved.

I wanna make sure I'm clear on this.
You purchased a bag of 100.00 large dollars with visible silver inside. At no point did you shake, inspect, or molest the perfectly clear plastic bag to see exactly what was inside. All the while because you knew you where going to put the bag on ebay under the listing of unsearched bag. Right.......
And jealousy has no play here trust I've pulled and sold roughly 20-25k in coins over the past 6-7 years.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna make sure I'm clear on this.
You purchased a bag of 100.00 large dollars with visible silver inside. At no point did you shake, inspect, or molest the perfectly clear plastic bag to see exactly what was inside. All the while because you knew you where going to put the bag on ebay under the listing of unsearched bag. Right.......
And jealousy has no play here trust I've pulled and sold roughly 20-25k in coins over the past 6-7 years.

Molest? Bwahahahahahahaha
And no where.in his listing does it say "unsearched"

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Joe,

Im not weighing in on any of the negitve stuff...I think its kinda neat what you are doing...thou i wouldnt compare you to the guys that are selling 100's of UNSEARCHED Wheat rolls with 3 Cent Enders and Barbers...lol

My only thing is...How the hell did you not want to keep this for yourself...I would lose my shii if i knew i found a couple Peace Dollars in the wild....Thou im small time compared to all you guys.

Whats funny is on one of my trips to the bank, i did end up getting 13 dollars in straight wheat pennies, and was thinking of sellign them online..becuase they are truley unsearched..But who the hell would belive me..lol...I know i wouldnt if i saw them

Well good luck man!

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Molest? Bwahahahahahahaha
And no where.in his listing does it say "unsearched"

Because putting
Possible silvers morgans peace and errors in a sealed bag doesn't imply unsearched
Gotcha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread