Veteran's hotel reservations are being cancelled to allow refugees to have the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And housing migrants is a miniscule fraction of that. So small that it is effectively insignificant. Its almost like they pump out stories like this just to get people fired up about nothing so they're distracted from the actual problems.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right this one instance is miniscule, but it's happening all over the country!! Plus add food stamps, health care and the crime that these undesirables bring with them and the cost is significant!
Social programs are what tax dollars are supposed to pay for though. I'd much rather it go to that than the military industrial complex, or a corporate bailout, or just being "unaccounted for" by the CIA.

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Social programs are what tax dollars are supposed to pay for though. I'd much rather it go to that than the military industrial complex, or a corporate bailout, or just being "unaccounted for" by the CIA.
Federal tax dollars should go to national defense. Period. The government isn't supposed to be a nanny!

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many traditional American values are lost and never coming back, if you need a list you're asleep at the wheel.
I'd be willing to bet you think boys can be girls
I dont need a list if you can give me a single "traditional American value" that we have lost I'll concede to you. And FYI, gender norms are not a tradition American value, thats more a universal thing than specifically American.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are refugees, not illegal immigrants. They did not break the law to get here, and have done nothing illegal. The hotel chain made the decision to house them because it is more profitable than taking in normal reservations. To do this, they canceled reservations that had already been made, some of which were people who booked for a football game and were possibly veterans. The title of this post makes it sound way more nefarious than it actually is.
Respectfully you need to look up the legal definitions and stipulations associated with refugee status. One includes seeking refugee status in the nearest country. Not crossing several to arrive at the one of your choice. Also the fact that you have to go to a legal point of entry, not sneak in across the border where you please the way the vast majority of these people have.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What values are we losing? Just curious, because this is literally just hotel rooms.
Here think about this one for a bit.
Screenshot_20231006_121824_Google.jpg

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Respectfully you need to look up the legal definitions and stipulations associated with refugee status. One includes seeking refugee status in the nearest country. Not crossing several to arrive at the one of your choice. Also the fact that you have to go to a legal point of entry, not sneak in across the border where you please the way the vast majority of these people have.
I understand that, but from this article theres no way to know if they became refugees the wrong way or the right way. The article called them refugees, so I did too. Either way, it doesnt matter what their status is. Massachusetts has a law that requires the state to provide housing for homeless people, regardless of citizenship, which is why this is happening.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont need a list if you can give me a single "traditional American value" that we have lost I'll concede to you. And FYI, gender norms are not a tradition American value, thats more a universal thing than specifically American.
respect for elders , not normalizing homosexuality , not normalizing pedophilia . respect for the law .

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
respect for elders , not looking normalizing homosexuality , not normalizing pedophilia . respect for the law .
See thats what I'm saying, those arent traditional American values. Those are mostly universally accepted in all countries. And the homosexuality one is more specifically a Christian/religious value. American values are things like individual freedom and equality, stuff like that. Two things that should make homosexuality perfectly acceptable no?. Why shouldnt two consenting adults be allowed to do what they want?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that, but from this article theres no way to know if they became refugees the wrong way or the right way. The article called them refugees, so I did too. Either way, it doesnt matter what their status is. Massachusetts has a law that requires the state to provide housing for homeless people, regardless of citizenship, which is why this is happening.
Just because someone writes refugee, rarely is it true. And I know this because you can literally know unless the fled life threatening circumstances from Mexico or Canada they are not refugees. And other refugee status has to be determined by our branches of gov't in a legal way through a very specific process that usually is based off an extreme event or civil unrest happening in a specific place.... its really not that hard. Anyone who did not come to a legal port of entry AND also have legitimate claim to refugee status are an illegal alien end of story.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because someone writes refugee, rarely is it true. And I know this because you can literally know unless the fled life threatening circumstances from Mexico or Canada they are not refugees. And other refugee status has to be determined by our branches of gov't in a legal way through a very specific process that usually is based off an extreme event or civil unrest happening in a specific place.... its really not that hard. Anyone who did not come to a legal port of entry AND also have legitimate claim to refugee status are an illegal alien end of story.
And you know for a fact the people in this article didnt do that?

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still interested in hearing your answer hobot37
If there are people in need I have no issue with helping. Thats why I have no issue with my tax dollars paying for their hotel rooms. I dont think people should be left on the street just because they crossed an imaginary line in an attempt to seek a better life.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you know for a fact the people in this article didnt do that?
Yes because they were not from a bordering country and lately we have not made any offers to legally take refugees from anywhere as far as I know. If you know of a specific event that lately we took refugees from Venezuela(which is what I'm reading is where the majority are from) then please point me in the direction of when that happened.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes because they were not from a bordering country and lately we have not made any offers to legally take refugees from anywhere as far as I know. If you know of a specific event that lately we took refugees from Venezuela(which is what I'm reading is where the majority are from) then please point me in the direction of when that happened.
It doesnt say in the article where they are from or anything specific about them so I'm confused how you've determined what their status is.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread