Veteran's hotel reservations are being cancelled to allow refugees to have the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See thats what I'm saying, those arent traditional American values. Those are mostly universally accepted in all countries. And the homosexuality one is more specifically a Christian/religious value. American values are things like individual freedom and equality, stuff like that. (emphasis added)
And you think those haven't been lost?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If there are people in need I have no issue with helping. Thats why I have no issue with my tax dollars paying for their hotel rooms. I dont think people should be left on the street just because they crossed an imaginary line in an attempt to seek a better life.
Basically you are then saying that these hotel guests are above your own citizens.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) counted around 582,000 Americans experiencing homelessness in 2022

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are refugees, not illegal immigrants. They did not break the law to get here, and have done nothing illegal. The hotel chain made the decision to house them because it is more profitable than taking in normal reservations. To do this, they canceled reservations that had already been made, some of which were people who booked for a football game and were possibly veterans. The title of this post makes it sound way more nefarious than it actually is.
If they crossed our border without due process.... then they have broken the law.
Period.

Just because someone decides to go somewhere because they dont like where they are only makes you a "mover".
You try and do that... you try just walking into another major civilized country and see what happens... furthermore... good luck on staying.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they crossed our border without due process.... then they have broken the law.
Period.

Just because someone decides to go somewhere because they dont like where they are only makes you a "mover".
You try and do that... you try just walking into another major civilized country and see what happens... furthermore... good luck on staying.
Everyone from everywhere tries to come here...
And its because they know we are full of suckers who allow it.

We have LONG ago lost a grip on this.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate communists so much, if it wasn't for the commies compleatly destroying the once tolerable nation of Venezuela a good 75% of these "refugees" wouldn't be flooding here. It's just like the 1980's Cuban exodus. The Commies made conditions in their own countries so bad that money became worthless and people starved, I don't blame the people for leaving but I'd rather they took up arms and overthrew their governments and set up new ones instead, that's what we did in OUR country when we wanted a new government, we didn't flee, we kicked out the British monarchy and set up a government based on an ancient tried and true system set forward by the ancients. Venezuela and all these other failed states need to adopt democratic republics with capitalist economies or this will keep happening. Communist dictatorships with command economies fail every single time they're tried.
You are right on track Underminer. Great point made.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every post you've made is intentionally inflammatory. almost no one here agrees with your obscure view of things.
I think I've made some pretty logical points honestly. I also don't think wanting to house homeless people is a very obscure view.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I have learned by observation that pretty much everything in the mainstream media is either an outright lie, or at the very least, tilted to fit an agenda. I don't take anything they report at face value anymore. It would serve you well to adopt a similar attitude. Just like a car dealer might fail to mention certain things or phrase things in certain ways because he wants to sell you a car, the media will do the same because they want to sell you an idea.

Now that's something we can agree on. :icon_thumright:
And the same thing can said of the Not So MSM, some of which have been shared in this thread.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tilted, most definitely, very heavily a lot of the time. I think the outright lies are pretty rare though as long as you dont pick terrible sources.
I'm still not even sure if any of you understand what I've been trying to say. Personal views on illegal immigrants are irrelevant. This is all in reference to a news article that states refugees are being housed in hotels by the state of Massachusetts. You can say illegal this, illegal that, and MSM is misleading, but until you have some definite way to say these people in this specific article are illegal aliens, they are refugees and that is their status. As far as this article is concerned they are here legally because it doesn't state otherwise. The hotel chain took an opportunity to fill rooms via this state program and chose to cancel other peoples reservations. That's the end of the story. The fact that some happened to be veterans is coincidental and the only reason this article was published was to be intentionally inflammatory. That's really the point I wanted to make, this isn't necessarily fake news, but its definitely insignificant.

And I challenge you to quote anything I said where I invented my own "definitions and interpretations."
I will point out that the article in question uses the term refugees AND migrants to describe the people being housed on our dime. So I prefer to call them migrants, as stated in the article. And they're illegal because you need the following documents to immigrate legally to the USA:

Forms
  • I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.
  • DS-260 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration.
  • I-864P Poverty Guidelines.
  • I-864 Affidavit of Support.
  • I-864A Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member.
  • I-864W Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption.
  • I-864EZ Affidavit of Support.
Note specifically, the Affidavit of Support, Poverty Guidelines and Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member forms.

As I said, people migrating into the country legally have to have a support network in place. (A place to live) The hotel migrants don't have any of that.

And as for hotels cancelling reservations for this? I believe it is wrong. Hopefully they will go out of business once the "gubmint" money dries up.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will point out that the article in question uses the term refugees AND migrants to describe the people being housed on our dime. So I prefer to call them migrants, as stated in the article. And they're illegal because you need the following documents to immigrate legally to the USA:

Forms
  • I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.
  • DS-260 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration.
  • I-864P Poverty Guidelines.
  • I-864 Affidavit of Support.
  • I-864A Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member.
  • I-864W Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption.
  • I-864EZ Affidavit of Support.
Note specifically, the Affidavit of Support, Poverty Guidelines and Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member forms.

As I said, people migrating into the country legally have to have a support network in place. (A place to live) The hotel migrants don't have any of that.

And as for hotels cancelling reservations for this? I believe it is wrong. Hopefully they will go out of business once the "gubmint" money dries up.
Migrants is very broadly defined term though. You cant imply they're illegal from it.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Migrants is very broadly defined term though. You cant imply they're illegal from it.
I won't imply they are here illegally. I'll just come right out and say they're here illegally. If they were migrating here legally they'd have a means of support and a place to stay.

But if you want to say otherwise, have at it. You know the truth. You're just trolling.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't imply they are here illegally. I'll just come right out and say they're here illegally. If they were migrating here legally they'd have a means of support and a place to stay.

But if you want to say otherwise, have at it. You know the truth. You're just trolling.
I don't have to say otherwise, the article literally says refugees. It also says migrants, refugee falls under the umbrella of the term migrant, as in a refugee is a type of migrant. You can say they are here illegally, but it means nothing because you made it up based on your own personal feelings. I'm literally stating actual, provable facts.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm literally stating actual, provable facts.
No, you're stating what's in the article. Just because something appears in print (or the electronic version thereof) does not make it a fact.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you're stating what's in the article. Just because something appears in print (or the electronic version thereof) does not make it a fact.
Yes I'm stating whats in the article. You are stating your opinion that this article is untrue. Prove me or the article wrong, with some kind of real source. Nobody has shown me anything that says these people from this article are illegal aliens. Until then, I'm sticking with my initial point which was that this article is pretty meaningless and I've already said why.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are stating your opinion that this article is untrue. Prove me or the article wrong,
No, I'm stating that the veracity of the article is not knowable. I don't have to prove it false. Rather, it would need to be proven true. My viewpoint is that all news articles are subject to scrutiny and should be assumed untrustworthy until confirmed by other means. You take the opposite viewpoint that it should be assumed true until proven otherwise. Our viewpoints are opposing and I don't think they are going to resolve, so there's no point in debating this further.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I'm stating whats in the article. You are stating your opinion that this article is untrue. Prove me or the article wrong, with some kind of real source. Nobody has shown me anything that says these people from this article are illegal aliens. Until then, I'm sticking with my initial point which was that this article is pretty meaningless and I've already said why

No, I'm stating that the veracity of the article is not knowable. I don't have to prove it false. Rather, it would need to be proven true. My viewpoint is that all news articles are subject to scrutiny and should be assumed untrustworthy until confirmed by other means. You take the opposite viewpoint that it should be assumed true until proven otherwise. Our viewpoints are opposing and I don't think they are going to resolve, so there's no point in debating this further.
But he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread