What's new

Viacom SUED over "American Digger" show!

It is about time, Jason. Storm Sandy has came and now out of Connecticut.
 
Yeah its hard to tell. The wrassler was an employee as a feature columnist so its possible. Its also possible the show lied to get authorization to use the name. I will be watching to see what happens with the suit.
 
I have heard this DIRECTLY from Butch Holcombe, editor of the MAGAZINE on his personal facebook page a while back.

They had a loose association with the show due to Ric Savage doing a feature column in the magazine....until they saw how horribly it represented metal detecting, and then asked Ric Savage to leave the magazine. That I know as fact as far as Butch told it.


That show was a disgrace.
 
Last edited:
The worst part of the article said that the show had been picked up for a seconds season!
 
I have heard this DIRECTLY from Butch Holcombe, editor of the MAGAZINE on his personal facebook page a while back.

They had a loose association with the show due to Ric Savage doing a feature column in the magazine....until they saw how horribly it represented metal detecting, and then asked Ric Savage to leave the magazine. That I know as fact as far as Butch told it.


That show was a disgrace.

Sounds right to me. Thanks for the post.
 
Well I'd like to see a second season, as long as they completely change the show, stop with the planted finds, and get rid of Drip Cabbage.......
 
Well I'd like to see a second season, as long as they completely change the show, stop with the planted finds, and get rid of Drip Cabbage.......

LOL!
 
Sounds like the lawyers will clean-up on this one.
 
Sounds like the magazine was in bed with the show and producers before it all wnt south on them, and now they regret it and are trying hard to distance themselves from it. I guess eventually the real story will emerge.



Yep, otherwise they never would have said this..... which in other words means the lawsuit is probably more about disassociating themselves from the show than seeking monetary damages. I can't see this going far.

"The plaintiffs say they had originally believed the show would only last through its original 13-episode cycle, but then learned in August that it would return next year."

If it's a trademark issue then why would they care if it's 1 episode or a million? Sounds like they gave the go ahead, and was their mistake for not vetting the show better.
 
Last edited:
the 2 Hints they should never had said yes were

"Spike TV" & "pro Wrestler"

unless they can prove Ric Savage was the one who gave permission to use the name & had no right to do so,

the only other option is to tell the lawyers they are seeking $100,000,000 in damages.
this would probably get the lawyers to start scheming & the Judges tuned in also
 
The magazine is not worth that much money, and it is cost too much money to purchase.
 
Im sure Rick and his "Gang" wont have any problems paying the lawsuit, I mean hell, from watching the show, they should have about 20k a week in finds
 
It just dawned on me that we are a tiny minority and that the general public of armchair treasure seekers(I'm now one) and channel surfers watch and believe the show. You can probably add hundreds of thousands an episode to that. I mean, people believe the internet so TV must all be true too. BoomBaby will be back in March according to Spike, it is making big bucks, appears to be popular and I can't wait until they spiff it up with a big chested, petite blond that screams something like, "Ooohhh Baby" when she discovers a rare and buried treasure like Robert E. Lee's senior ring from West Point, the Holy Grail or the Ark of the Covenant. It's TV, it's entertaining to people who have no idea what MD'ing actually is, and the bottom line, it gets ratings and makes money. Wait, forget that blond, Sofia Vergara would be perfect.
 
To get any money, the magazine have to prove lost of income, which is going to be hard to prove.
 
Yes i think the magazine is on a lost cause........ Just trying to look good to there readers........
 
Butch and Anita Holcombe are two of the most caring people in this pastime. I feel certain they thought the show would be different, and that it would improve over time. It did not, and they are taking action now. I laud them for this, and wish them well. Their magazine is top notch, as are they, and if you knew them you would understand why I say this......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom