What's new

Victoria Silver Tray 5"

jhenry

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Victoria Silver Tray 5"

I found this in backyard of 1840's homestead in Lorain County, Ohio with metal detector.
Was 91 VDI, 5-1/2' deep, with associated trash.
Calling card tray? (Too small to be a butter dish.)
Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • Victoria Silver closeup.webp
    Victoria Silver closeup.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 279
  • Victoria Silver front.webp
    Victoria Silver front.webp
    87.8 KB · Views: 329
  • Victoria Silver back.webp
    Victoria Silver back.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Victoria Silver closeup.webp
    Victoria Silver closeup.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 279
Re: Victoria Silver Tray 5"

Its not got any signs of missing attachments or solder marks that I can make out. If it had a loop at each end I would have said decanter labell (loops held a chain which went of the bottle neck). ie. I seen them with 'Sherry' or other labells written on.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Victoria Silver Tray 5"

Can you tell us what it says after STERLING.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Victoria Silver Tray 5"

Gypsy got it! It is a hat pin or hair pin tray.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Victoria Silver Tray 5"

I think it is the perfect size for a "Calling Card" Tray, which were used alot during the Victorian Era. Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom