Attachments

• womba01a.jpg
    womba01a.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 381

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for that angelo, i even have a basket a old girl friend made for me. I have only found one example of copper body armor being created like this. this is and has always been ceder country and some speculation is the chinese.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
newfyviking said:
any idea about this copper anchor button, its 1 cm wide.
Hello hmmm. Put that copper anchor button on a new "what is it" post and you should get an ID. Right now it kinda gets lost in the thread. :)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
newfyviking said:
any idea about this copper anchor button, its 1 cm wide.
Hello hmmm. Put that copper anchor button on a new "what is it" post and you should get an ID. Right now it kinda gets lost in the thread. :)

No need Wess ID it.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hmmm said:
gets better, would you believe the mounds are, empty barrels, burried in beach shels? and i picked this rope up looking at my pictures.
It seems that I remember hearing that the 1715 Florida disaster survivors buried metal drums in the ground near the beach at their survivor campsite to hold or collect fresh water.

Angelo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2006
Idaho
hmm.

Did you find those items anywhere near Fort Simpson or Prince Rupert Harbor?

If so, you may want to read up a little on the site that I posted earlier.

Tony

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
hmmm said:
sorry bout that I'll post under hmmm , i did it because all the stuff i found came from the west coast. This creates a problem because the vikings never made it to the west coast, there for it discredits what i say. But because the stuff is overlaping history this will not work. :'(

This was the post I was looking for as soon as I saw that cedar weaving. It is native american ..Quite common on the west coast. Cedar was used in large amounts for weaving textiles and making homes. Those natives were some smart folks...Cedar lasts for hundreds of years before rotting!

~Nash~

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen pictures of these coppers. this peice is very thin and shaped,It is made of woven ceder bark, and makes sence if a native wore it, he wove it. it was right beside the bronz spike. I wounder if the indians wore them in the 1700's, it was the only peice. The barrel straps are all around and there is lots of metal . hmmm

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
WOW, huh? If this thread goes like it has in the past. You ain't seen nothin' yet. ???

Daryl

OP
OP
newfyviking

newfyviking

Jun 24, 2007
ABLE WALKER
"Archaeologists always say leave it and we will eventually get to it",
tHE CANADAIN ARCH SYSTEM IS SO PATHETIC, I had a rcmp officer come talk to me about artifacts, she asked me when i first aproched the herritage branch, i said 1987, she says,"thats 20 years and they still have not sent any one to see what you found."
I have found 24 of the maquinna heads so far.
This is why i am doing a law suite, One is defamation case the other is failure of the bc government to look into one of the finds, statute of limitations does not apply.

Attachments

• IMG_0254 (1280x712).jpg
    IMG_0254 (1280x712).jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 29

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread