What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Vintage anchor? Looking for answers.

Alcapulco

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 24, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Hi and thanks for the add to the group. I bought this in Cancun a few years ago from a local who was selling some finds. Would love to know thoughts on age, style etc... It's degraded quite a bit and I love the rustic look but it is flaking rust. Can I preserve the look with a clear cost sprayed on or what is recommended?
Screenshot_20231024-052430_Facebook.webp
 
Hi and thanks for the add to the group. I bought this in Cancun a few years ago from a local who was selling some finds. Would love to know thoughts on age, style etc... It's degraded quite a bit and I love the rustic look but it is flaking rust. Can I preserve the look with a clear cost sprayed on or what is recommended?
View attachment 2111663
It's about 4 feet tall. It's wrapped in storage currently
 
Upvote 2
welcome , research Electrolysis, that is the best was to stop the decay then you can seal it.
as far as info on the anchor I'm not your guy but someone will show up to give you some info soon.
the pics are blurry and that's not going to help identify it. try more pics.
 
Upvote 2
Hi and thanks for the add to the group. I bought this in Cancun a few years ago from a local who was selling some finds. Would love to know thoughts on age, style etc... It's degraded quite a bit and I love the rustic look but it is flaking rust. Can I preserve the look with a clear cost sprayed on or what is recommended?
View attachment 2111663
First off let me welcome you to Treasurenet,. I think there is a wax substance that might be what you want to cover it with
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom