Vintage RC Cola Bottle

Sharre

Jul 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a flash flood in our area, we found an old RC cola soda bottle. Wondering if anyone can give me any information on it. It is an 8 oz. bottle and has the following numbers on the bottom: 20066 2A 18371-G Please see picture attached.

Attachments

• 20150710_220044.jpg
    20150710_220044.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 1,355

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the newer RC cola bottles. The older ones have the same Applied Color Label, or (ACL) except the older ones depicted a pyramid scene. Yours is from the 1960's.

OP
OP
S

Sharre

Jul 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the newer RC cola bottles. The older ones have the same Applied Color Label, or (ACL) except the older ones depicted a pyramid scene. Yours is from the 1960's.

Thank you for your response! How do you know about how old it is? Is there anyway that you know of that I could find out anything else about it? Maybe with the numbers on the bottom of it or something? This was found in a desert location, and as far as I know, there were no houses or anyone living in this area back in the 60s... just curious. Thanks

OP
OP
S

Sharre

Jul 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! It was kind of a surprise find...

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem Sherrie! I knew the age because I've come into contact with both the older and newer RC cola bottles, and was told the diamond pattern was from around the 1960's

The numbers on the bottom can indicate age. The most common age indicating symbol is the owens glass co mark. It often has 2 numbers, with the latter being the date. Yours doesn't appear to be made by owens glass co so it would be hard to hone in on the specific year it was made. As far as the desert location, back then trash was handled in the "out of sight, out of mind" attitude. So it is possible it was dumped there by a nearby city and there's more waiting to be found.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool '60 RC cola. I love retro soda bottles and cans, I have a small collection of ones I dug and bought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread