Vintage Spill

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 20221024_181004.jpg
    20221024_181004.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 20221024_181029.jpg
    20221024_181029.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20221024_181114.jpg
    20221024_181114.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 40

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it would have been lost around the time of the first world war. I see the wheat cent from 1917 as the latest date I can make out so the whole hoard was likely lost around then. Very interesting collection of coins. I love seeing the transition of 19th century coins along side early 20th century coins. My grandma told me that she didn't like getting the old Indian Head Pennies when she would get them as a kid, she preferred getting the new Lincoln cents.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went again to my favorite park. I was coming out of the woods and onto grass on my way home when I picked up a convoluted high tone about 5in deep. Dug to that point, nothing. Dug a few more inches down and came across these, scattered throughout the hole area. The Barber was the last target I found. Quiet the historic collection.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FANTASTIC finds thanks for sharing with us

OP
OP
Alchemist

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it would have been lost around the time of the first world war. I see the wheat cent from 1917 as the latest date I can make out so the whole hoard was likely lost around then. Very interesting collection of coins. I love seeing the transition of 19th century coins along side early 20th century coins. My grandma told me that she didn't like getting the old Indian Head Pennies when she would get them as a kid, she preferred getting the new Lincoln cents.
Well said. When I hit something like this, I can't help but think about the circumstances behind someone losing the coins back in the day. Was there a concession stand at this point back then? A picnic? A drunkard? Lol.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on are really nice spill!

Texas vet

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went again to my favorite park. I was coming out of the woods and onto grass on my way home when I picked up a convoluted high tone about 5in deep. Dug to that point, nothing. Dug a few more inches down and came across these, scattered throughout the hole area. The Barber was the last target I found. Quiet the historic collection.
I's say those were lost at around 1920 the buffalo nickel appears to be 1919 so going off that and good condition 1917 penny. Congrats!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Nice spill recovery! Congratulations

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone had a sad day back then! Congrats on it making us happy!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the hear about the finds that occur OTWBTTC or home. Nice recoveries!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread