Vintage toy find G.I. Joe/Indian marx

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not allowed to go to any yard sales today. My wife said none I was staying home and cleaning around the house... However I had to take my daughter to daycare. and luckily there was a yard sale about 6 miles down the road from where her daycare was. (which is not close but I had to go to one!!)

I got out and looked around and she had a Cinderella Disney castle with all the parts to it. With $20 mark on it. Then I saw this old looking Indian toy and an old G.I. Joe as well. She said they were five dollars also, each! I asked if she would do 25 for all of them and she said yes but I had to wait a minute because her daughter was looking for all of the accessories for the G.I. Joe and Indian.

I am glad I waited though. The G.I. Joe is 1974 and is in terrible condition. The Indian is marx in terrible condition as well. But all the extras are going to make it very worthwhile!!! I'm in the process of cleaning them. They must have been kept in the garage since 1974 because they are dirty but I can show you what I have clean so far. Also there is a 3rd girl doll with it but I don't know what that is yet.

image-1518853612.jpg

image-358784926.jpg

image-1151431501.jpg

image-708798313.jpg

image-723267239.jpg

image-2305050641.jpg

image-699588696.jpg

image-1855270614.jpg

There are some pieces I'm not sure yet what they are for one looks like it's part of a radar system maybe and the other one is a chest and it is full of shoes and a purse for the girl doll. But I don't think the chest goes with the girl, maybe the Indian?

image-2107745269.jpg

image-3699840929.jpg

And here is a picture of what I still have to scrub.

image-1381850089.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a treasure trove of accessories. You will definitely make your money back on them

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score man. I've been sitting on a couple figures and a load of accessories myself. In fact I have many of the same accessories you have. Lots don't seem to do real well and it will be very tedious listing accessories individually

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out yojoe.com
they have a great data base. Look under the 12" figures 1970 adventure team. You'll find what the accessories go to.
great score

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out yojoe.com they have a great data base. Look under the 12" figures 1970 adventure team. You'll find what the accessories go to. great score

Awesome thanks! I was wondering how they figured out on eBay what went with what. I kind of figured they were all just G.I. Joe nuts. But I will definitely check that site out thank you very much!

I went back to her house today she said she would have more. They didn't it was a waste of time I left my phone number but she didn't seem like she was going to be too interested in looking for anymore.

Then I drove down the road had almost no time left and there was a huge community sale I drove through a little bit but by the time I got to it it was almost 930 and everything is pretty picked over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread