
dogpound said:the state won't get it if they don't know about it![]()

If I had to guess where you should search for this it would be on the southside of the James river, the water treatment plant is visible from 95 and there is a boat ramp and park behind that. Be careful in that area it's know for snakes, did some searching around the river when I was younger. Found many bullets both for Confederate and Union army, a friend found a couple buttons and a C.S.A. belt buckle, which sold for about $900.00. Getting back to the woods isn't easy but can be reached better in the winter time. Go on a cold day, stay away from brush piles and fallen trees, other than that do some research about the Confederate retreat from Petersburg and Richmond Virginia. At the second battle of Petersburg the Union army broke through and pushed the Confederates back on all fronts. They marched through Colonial Heights and into Chesterfield county where they used (Jefferson Davis Hwy.) is now for there main escape to Richmond. Some Confederates were stuck in between Southside of the James river and Dutch Gap- where the Union had blockades set up on the river. Two Iron Clad ships for the Confederates were used to move men out of harms way on the James river, one of those Iron Clads ships were scrapped at Drewry's Bluff on the east side of the city of Richmond. The other one battled the Union "Monitor" in Norfolk for several day until each had ran out of cannon balls. The "Monitor" was pictured in a newspaper article in Norfolk. Also check in the "London Times" newspaper for information about the Confederates losing the war, England was siding with the Confederates for the hope of another foreign dictatorship with the southern states. Check the zones near the river to be sure they aren't state owned,as well as right-a-ways. Hope this helps you out some more about Confederate Gold.allen55 said:Thanks for the answers. I didn't realize confederate treasure was that hard to get. My family fought in the civil war (confederate side). Rumor of a large amount of buried silver was passed down thru the family. I imagine it is what it is, rumor. But I know where it is supposed to be, and I never have heard of it being found. Maybe that is why it was never acted on, maybe just rumor. Either case, Thanks for the answer. And by the way, I am honest also. I never have been in jail, don't want to start now,lol. I need to find an honest way, to get it.
Franklin said:A man in Conn. went to Great Britain, he found the bell off the CSA Alabama (which sank it the English Channel) He bought it and paid a good price for it. Later, this man needed a heart operation, placed an ad in the newspaper selling the bell from the CSA Alabama. Federal officers showed up at his home and told him we hear you are trying to sell stolen government property. The man replied that he had bought the bell at an antique store in Great Britain. They told him well it is stolen government property. They took the bell placed it in a museum and the honest man was out the price he paid for the bell.