What's new

W.H Jones Superfine

foundation hunter

Full Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
193
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
I appreciate all the help everyone has given me in 2009 its been a lot of fun.I have 2 buttons on back of both buttons they say W.H Jones Superfine,any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • JONES 007.webp
    JONES 007.webp
    112.3 KB · Views: 298
  • JONES 008.webp
    JONES 008.webp
    173.6 KB · Views: 274
William H Jones was a former partner of the Robinsons. He left Massachusetts in late 1834 and began making button in Waterbury, CT circa 1835-37. Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie is right on. That type of button is called golden age. They evidently were well gilted as a lot of them come out of the ground covered with gilt. I love finding them.
 
Upvote 0
I found one last weekend and it has the most gilt left on it than any I have found!Nice :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom