Walked Into A Colonial Spot

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for awhile before the rains came. I went back to an old house site where I found two shoe buckles and a large cent last Summer. Lots of trash, so I started walking back to my truck and decided to hit an area about 150 yards from the place I’d been digging. The first reading was a perfect blow hole button, so I really slowed down and I started finding early stuff. I found the bowl from a pewter spoon, a tombac button, a couple small lead round balls, a pewter button with lettering and something on it, what looks like a saddle shield and a colonial coin. The rain finally chased me out, but I’m definitely going back. I’d appreciate help identifying the pewter button, the curved shield and the coin. I believe the coin is dated 1748, but it’s tough making out the date.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372103.757684.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372116.055674.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372139.680223.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372149.039139.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372158.941952.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372167.927778.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372176.696901.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372184.831391.jpg

Upvote 23
Great finds. Always nice stumbling onto a colonial site. My best sites happened that way. the shield is horse tack, bit boss. My wife found one just like it. Lots of silvering still remains on yours.

Last edited:
Great finds. Always nice stumbling onto a colonial site. My best sites happened that way. the shield is horse tack, bit boss. My wife found one just like it. Lots of silvering still remains on yours.

Thanks, I had a feeling it had something to do with horse tack.

Yep thats a great coin Id faint if I ever dug one of those glad you got an Id on the sheild thing bet theres tons more stuff there I wish you luck great post. Ill be watching for IDs also I love old stuff like that.

Yep thats a great coin Id faint if I ever dug one of those glad you got an Id on the sheild thing bet theres tons more stuff there I wish you luck great post. Ill be watching for IDs also I love old stuff like that.

Thank you A2coins, I was only able to spend about an hour in this spot, I won’t be able to sleep tonight wondering what else is there....[emoji4]

Looks like you have yourself a great old spot! Beautiful coin, and an intersting button too. Congrats!

You're going to do well at that spot! Hope someone can id the button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back