"WALKING" to a nearby small park proves to be a "CHARMING" experience in the heat!

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"WALKING" to a nearby small park proves to be a "CHARMING" experience in the heat!

Howdy T-netters! Been awfully hot here in the sunshine state.....heat index saying 109 degrees. 95 with the heat index today and fortunately, a little more comfortable in the shade where I did most of my sweeping. Huge live oak trees and a family style steel bench swing. 200 yards from where I currently live and I never paid it a mind until it hit me today. An elderly lady told me the remote area was a common hang out spot way before the local homes were built. It was mostly farm land and undeveloped and the oak trees were a common play area back in the day. That sounded very hopeful to me. The first five targets were within a half inch to a zero reading...five zinc memorials. Then came two copper memorials and three clad dimes. Closer towards the bench swing resulted in a silver charm. Looks somewhat in a heart affect of sorts. That made it worth the hunt right there. Near the roots of the bigger oak tree I got my deepest signal at five inches....1935 Liberty Walking half dollar. First one I've ever found. These and Barbers do nothing for me. Don't know why...we just don't click. Almost game up from the gnats overwhelming me when I found the two V Nicks at four inches...1891 and 1899. More zinc memorials and three more shallow clad dimes showed up. The party wasn't complete until I dug two wheaties...1941 and 1953. Two Buffs....1924 and 1937. Very pleasant surprises today to say the least. I will go back again and search the wood line and near the pond. Enjoy the pics if you can see them. I never have luck with lighting as you folks know. HH!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 15

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Hunting! :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt, great variety of keepers! :occasion14:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice; charming even.....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your walker half!Those are sure sweet finds!
Looks like you maybe the first to hunt there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread