What's new

walrus tusk carving

outlawatheart

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
815
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
DSC09944.webpDSC09938.webpDSC09940.webpDSC09941.webpDSC09942.webpI was givin this as a gift by my lead electrician (who was a native Inuit to the area) while I was working in Burlington, Washington. He told me he got it at a relatives yard sale back in the late 60's. I've looked around on the internet and found a couple of Kunnuk named artists and even a close example (not signed) on flea-bay.
I did find out that the natural end is the most prized part of the tusk. If anyone knows about such things I would love to hear about it. :BangHead:
 
Upvote 0
That is awesome, wow
 
Maybe Charl will see your post. I would guess if anyone would know it might be him. Good Luck
 
Find the book Ancient Men of The Arctic here a few pages out of it.Image (22).webpImage (21).webpImage (20).webpIt's good to see some artifacts of the Eskimo style because they are N. A. Indians. I find there culture very interesting . That's a nice piece Outlaw.:notworthy:
 
Here is what I have to offer for you. You can enlarge the pics to read about them.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10244.webp
    SDC10244.webp
    550.1 KB · Views: 104
  • SDC10246.webp
    SDC10246.webp
    419.3 KB · Views: 125
Thnx rock.. wish my piece was as old as some of those. I'm thinking maybe 30's or 40's for mine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom