Hey everyone, I'm wanting to start a new treasure hunting/metal detecting club in my area. I've never started one before so I just want to ask everyone for any pointers they might have as to how to make my endeavor successful as possible. If you've never started a club before I'd still like to hear what you would personally like to see out of a club if you were going to join one. Thanks in advance.
Silverfinder and nathanya, I'm afraid the day-&-age of brick-&-mortor clubs is in decline. Used to be lots of them, but a lot of them have closed their doors (d/t lack of attendance, members, interest, etc....) and to start new ones is hard. Perhaps maybe in major cities, you might find enough folk willing to come out 1x p/month, and do the various show & tell, club things, etc.... but basically, ....... here's what's going on:
For the last 15 yrs, the internet has slowly taken over the social niche that we have, to connect, see who's-finding-what, brag, inquire, meet, etc.... No more do you need to see what the latest-greatest machine, or technique, or show off your find, etc... by going to meetings. Now this is done by forums (even geographic specific forums!). So it's pretty hard to interest people in getting in their cars and driving somewhere to be at a monthly meeting, when they can just open their 'puter, and see the latest gadget reviews, videos, people who hunt in their area, history research, etc.....
Sorry to burst your bubble, but ..........