Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 15 years ago I asked my Postmaster what did with the old Wanted Posters - He said they went in the trash . I asked if I could have them , he said sure . Every few months my P.O. box would be stuffed with them . I have over 150 now . He retired last year , so my supply has been cut-off .

Attachments

• Picture%20019.jpg
    Picture%20019.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 582
  • Picture%20020%20(2).jpg
    Picture%20020%20(2).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 556
  • Picture%20021.jpg
    Picture%20021.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 566

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Pretty cool :thumbsup: Might just have something worth hanging onto there. You never know what someone will want to collect in the future. Personally I would love to have some of the older ones. You would think more of them would surface at auctions and yard sales as time goes by but I can't remember any really authentic ones popping up.

HH Charlie

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if he was supposed to be giving them to me . However ,I do see people selling them on Ebay .

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 560

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha that is so odd. You might be the only person in the world to collect these. That's something to be proud of. :thumbsup:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have not seen any in the local post office for some time now that i think about it. glad you got um

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aren't wanted posters fun? It's not against the law to have them. Besides giving them to Post Offices for hanging up for show to the public, they were sent to every Sheriff's department, Police Department, several foreign country's head police agency, and even the general public if they asked for one. They came in several different sizes as well. There was also "Top Ten" wanted posters. These, for the most part, were posted in all FBI offices, and many different Police Departments around the country. Once an individual had been caught, or the charges against him/her were withdrawn, the posters were cancelled. The FBI had no further use for them after they were giving to someone. Enjoy them, as a small reminder of individuals past. Some well known names made their way onto those little folded pieces of paper. Some of those from the recent past include Patty Hearst, and other members of the SLA.

I have several hundreds of them, and many of those from back in the '20's were for such vicious crimes as "boot legging", pan handling, and loitering. It's amazing how times have changed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread