Wanting to upgrade

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Hey guys n gals, I currently have a fisher 75 and want to upgrade to maybe minelab by June. I'm think my budget is around 6-800$ range. What would be one that price or a tad bit higher that would be a solid choice and semi easy to learn ?w
I started detecting in April of 23. Don’t know how long you have been detecting just when you joined treasure net. You might look into a Legend. Love mine and am even considering getting a double score as well. There are lots of videos on you tube to help you with your choice.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been using my Legend for two years just about and I like it a lot, very easy to learn and very customizable as far as settings go. Also several coils to choose from now. No waterproofing issues that I've heard about. I think when I upgrade from this it will be a deus 2. I'll still use the legend as a dedicated water machine because I will likely not care too much about banging it on underwater rocks compared to a new deus.

OP
OP
Nathan W

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
I started detecting in April of 23. Don’t know how long you have been detecting just when you joined treasure net. You might look into a Legend. Love mine and am even considering getting a double score as well. There are lots of videos on you tube to help you with your choice.
About 2 yrs now

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.

You can get a Legend Pro pack in your price range. There's nothing wrong with Minelabs, I use one of those too, but the Legend offers way more bang for your buck for sure.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your price range, yes, the Legend is a good buy. Also the Equinox 700 would be a good choice too.

OP
OP
Nathan W

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
In your price range, yes, the Legend is a good buy. Also the Equinox 700 would be a good choice too.
I won't be doing any beach hunting mainly old sites in fields and woods

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I should have been more specific about where I'm hunting and for old items
Keep your eyes open on the resale equipment option Nathan.
I've seen some nice hardly used machines go in that price range.
Guys buy then have to sell or it wasn't the machine they hoped it would be.
I have even seen a few Deus machine been sold.
From the days of the F75 there has been a lot of advancements in technology.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.

You can get a Legend Pro pack in your price range. There's nothing wrong with Minelabs, I use one of those too, but the Legend offers way more bang for your buck for sure.
I like the both, I own both. If you go with the Minelab, might as well choose either the 700 or 900, built better than the 6 or 800. The Legend is good also, cant go wrong with either. Check out the Minelab line up, there are some with slightly less features then the 700, see what you feel might be the best for what you do. Great good luck to you Nathan.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went from the Teknetics T2, almost the same machine as F75, both made by Teknetics, to an Equinox 600. Wow what a difference, I couldn't believe what I was finding in spots I thought I cleaned out with the T2. I've heard great things about the Legend but have no first hand experience, the Equinox 700 wouldn't disappoint though.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be doing any beach hunting mainly old sites in fields and woods
Regardless, same recommendation. I might add a Deus 1 to the mix if you don't do any salt water hunts.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread