Wao I am Beat...

optix

Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is starting to be a job :( I do not know how all of the high volume folks doit. So I wake up at 8 A.M. to return some coins at PNC, went to three different branches to complete my dumps. Took me almost 3 hours to complete, then I am on my way home and Bank one calls me "Coins are in" Picked up 8 boxes, bank two calls me, picked up 4 boxes. By the time I got home it was close to 2:00 P.M. I am tired as heck and then bank three calls me "unexpectedly" We have your coins, picked up 8 more boxes. So I get back home and decided to go trough some boxes with the kids "3 kids", we went trough 16 boxes, took us about one Hour and Half. By the time we where done it was almost 6:00 PM, then I realized crap where did my day go?

I am so tired and now I am just thinking that I have to dump all the darn coins tomorrow :( So the hobby is now taking over my life, help me lol

By the way the boxes sucked, they all had a little silver but nothing to brag about. It was still worth our time, I treated the kids to a nice meal "Delivered of course" no time to hit a real restaurant lol So at this point do you guys pull back a little or simply get used to a routine?

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you did a bunch of boxes in 1 day you are right to be tired.

Just because a bank calls you dont have to jump and run on that day, they just need to be gone and out of the vault before they order for next week.

But Happy Hunting and good luck

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good kind of tired, I love searching boxes. A few times in the past I searched boxes until I could not keep my eyes open! Who knows how many keepers I passed up after that one :laughing9:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Don't lose site of the hobbie. Some individuals are between jobs right now and perhaps don't have too much in the way of family obligation. Those folks can do larger quantity and yes it can be like a job. If you are not enjoying it, it might be a good idea to cut back. Other the flip side you did spend time with your kids which for them was probably worth more than any silver you could have found. Happy Hunting.

Golden Silver

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I do much larger volume than most. It does NOT need to take all day. You have to plan it out. I know where I am going to be each day, and at which time(doing my normal tasks(work, school, home time).) I plan my bank pick-ups and drops around that. I never have to deviate more than 4 miles off of my NORMAL route.

I would say on a busy week, if you count the amount of time I am looking through the coins I might spend 12 hours at MOST. Most weeks it is much closer to 6 hours....

Last week I did numbers close to TimZim and spent maybe 12 hours....
N8

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you feel like your losing too much of your time doing CRH, then you have to do less volume plain and simple. Everybody has their limit. You just need to find yours as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread