WAR CLUB!!

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny

O.K. So obviously its a mortar round/war club. What I am wondering is what exact type it is. The brass cartridge that's in the base shined up enough so I could read "W.R.A. 81mm M3". But that only tells what type 12g flash round they used for this one. I'm wondering if its an inert training mortar or if I should quit banging the rust off of it.

O.K. So obviously its a mortar round/war club. What I am wondering is what exact type it is. The brass cartridge that's in the base shined up enough so I could read "W.R.A. 81mm M3". But that only tells what type 12g flash round they used for this one. I'm wondering if its an inert training mortar or if I should quit banging the rust off of it.

well good luck! I have no idea, I do know that I probably would not be hammering on it until I did....

Upvote 0
00um.jpg

Upvote 0
Bang it on a rock a couple times and you’ll quickly find out if it’s inert. I recommend not handling this kind of ordinance unless you have some serious education in not blowing yourself up.

Upvote 0

Last time I saw anything remotely familiar to that was in the mid 80's while conducting military EDRE's at Camp Bullis, Texas, and may I add it was only a brief glance every time we came upon one... "D"

Upvote 0
You fella's play the lottery often?

Upvote 0
The shell marked WRA 81mm is the propellant charge for 81mm morter rounds of all types. WRA= Winchester Repeating Arms

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back