JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not super exciting or anything but I'll take any silver I can get. Was hunting on my neighbors property which I've gone over countless times out of boredom and as I was about to give up I decided to dig a funky signal and out popped this. Was a little corroded as for some reason the ground isn't always nice to silver here but a little light electrolysis made it better. Just another addition to the years silver so far 3 silvers and 2 golds so not too bad so far. 20210402_180320.jpg 20210402_180344.jpg

Upvote 20
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done ...congratulations

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! Because they're on 35% silver, they seem to come out in rough shape. I envy you west coast guys and all the "S" mints.

40 Rounds

Nov 26, 2016
Iowa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My experience has been that war nickels are a challenging signal to read and deciding to dig with the AT Pro. Glad to see you got one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience has been that war nickels are a challenging signal to read and deciding to dig with the AT Pro. Glad to see you got one.
It was odd it was on the surface of an area I've gone over so many times over the years. Probably not even an inch down but came up as a weak signal that jumped all over the place. So I found that odd. Mind you I don't use any discrimination and run on pro mode so I do have a decent grasp on what I'm doing and still this coin eluded me somehow on a lawn I've gone over very thoroughly.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Because they're on 35% silver, they seem to come out in rough shape. I envy you west coast guys and all the "S" mints.
Silver eludes me in general around here though. I envy all the awesome historical stuff in the south that is found. Lots more history, California can be a little boring unless you can find gold rush areas to detect.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any silver is a good find...awhile back I dug up a 45 war nickel and made the mistake of rinsing it...the date disappeared on me...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread