ChefDigger

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2020
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been asked to post this dig on "Todays finds"...

A buddy and I headed out to a colonial site along one of Maines many rivers. It was planned to be a chill hunt... cellars were marked on our maps, GPS cords were noted and we had a game plan on how we were going to proceed from one cellar to another... Today was supposed to be a recon trip... It turned out very different. please enjoy the few pictures we took. All of the relics now are being preserved through electrolysis or by other means. bag o shot.jpgfresh dug.jpghuge.jpgsmalls.jpgWrap up.jpgCannon Ball.jpgBar shot.jpg

Upvote 40
What fantastic finds! The recovery of a bar shot is outstanding. Finding both a bar shot and a round shot is amazing. I know some detectorists who have been searching Rev. War sites for cannon balls for years without success. You made some excellent finds.:notworthy:

Wow you guys did really well! I would be so excited to find that stuff especially the different cannon shots! nice work and thanks for sharing. I bet that stuff will clean up really nicely!

Bar shot, solid shot, grape/cannister shot all indicate the bigger guns were involved. Any musket balls found? Also, any marked military buttons? I see some later stuff in your pic - suspender clip and toe tap. Are these from the skirmish site or one of the cellar holes?

Great stuff. Looking forward to your next post :thumbsup:

The suspender clasp, toe tap, KG3, and axe were all from the only cellar we strapped at. All the rest including the pewter spoon and buttons were from the “skirmish site”. We each got a few buttons, some tombac and some pewter. There were 2 dropped musket balls in the mix as well, need to find mine to size it.

Working on all the iron objects. will have pics up as they finish electrolysis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back