WARNING to Potential Treasure Hunters, please, Do Not Buy a DFX.....

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......Unless of course you want to find ridiculous amounts of treasure! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I haven't posted my finds in a while, I sort of lost my enthusiasm for posting, though not for reading the posts of others. In any case, I made a find this past Sunday that I just felt warrented a post as I won't likely come across a find like this one again any time too soon, if ever.

I was hunting in an old park, which dates back to the early 1800's, this past Sunday with a friend of mine named Lucky. We've hit this park on several occasions and it has produced a few nice coins for us including 5 silver half dollars for me. On a past trip Lucky had pulled out 7 silver dimes, a silver ring and a 1930's, I think it was a 1935, silver reichsmark coin from Germany that was about the size of a half dollar, only a bit thicker. This past Sunday however was my day to shine with three nice silver coins. I started the day off quick with a silver quarter, then moving very slowly, as the trash is just wicked, I got another high tone snugged right in between two trash targets. After hearing the tone I called Lucky over to take a listen, it was bouncing between 88 and 92 on my DFX. It read out at 5" but when I dug for it, it was actually at around 3.5", hence the scar face I gave it. Well just thought this coin / love token was something else, and worthy of sharing. After finding the love token I went on to find a nice walking liberty half. Lucky found himself two silver rings.

I've been using my 5.3 coil, and even at that you really have to go slow and pay attention to the tones. Eventually, I'll go to work on the other targets besides just the high tones, but I'll have to grid it off in 10x10 sections to clear it of all targets.

As for the topic and the other picture, I just have to say how happy I am with my DFX. I have only had the machine for a little over six months and yet I can't believe the amount of Silver I have found with this machine. The coins pictured here are not even all that I found as a few were in such surprisingly good shape I put them in holders, including an 1892 Barber Half. The picture also doesn't show the 6 or 7 silver spoons, the silver religious medals and the wonderful relics, buttons and doohickeys I've found. So it's with much sarcasm that I say don't buy a DFX. Though there is a wee bit of truth in the statement, as I'd prefer it if I didn't have too much competition. :wink: ;D

Happy Hunting All,

Johnny Cache Hunter

Attachments

• 1826 Love Token.jpg
    1826 Love Token.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,285
  • 1826 Love Token 2.jpg
    1826 Love Token 2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,278
  • Six Months of DFX power.jpg
    Six Months of DFX power.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 2,271
Upvote 1

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on banner for finding the Love Token! :thumbsup:

Love token finds are not too common and appreciate seeing any that are found and yours is a winner for sure. Here are a few tidbits from the Love Token Society Website:

Enamel was used to accentuate the engraved designs and enhance the beauty of love tokens.

Black enamel symbolized death or mourning. Enameled love tokens were often presented at funerals with the deceased initials on them.

Blue enamel symbolizes "love"

There are some nice examples of Love Tokens on their website.

http://www.geocities.com/lovetokensociety

Don

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Why was this post removed from the banner? I saw it up there this morning, but now it's gone. :'(
That's a remarkable Love Token find!!

You're knocking 'em dead with your DFX!! Great Silver coin finds!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

CHughes77

Jul 24, 2008
New Castle,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w\ Sunray X1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:oThats a load of silver you got their! Good job on your silver success!! :thumbsup:

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! You just know I gotta get one!

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread