Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From the time I was 18 months to 12 years old, I spent most of my summers in Warren, about 50 miles North of McCall. My Dad at one point owned two small homes that had been joined together, the Last Chance Saloon (where the towns last hanging was done) and a one room cabin that had little blocks of wood cut out to shoot thru when the Indians attacked (they never did). The cabin was singed pretty good on the outside as it had survived every fire in town, making it the oldest standing building. At 12, I played a bright red player piano in the saloon, wore a long sleeved pinstriped shirt with black garters around my biceps and got more money in tips than I had ever seen. So I bought a metal detector. LOTS of fond memories.

Anyways, I hadn't looked it up in years and the internet has a lot more on it now. Here is a very good link...

Warren, Idaho Walking Tour

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool thanks Jeff!! Merry Christmas

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Jeff, you used to live in 'Idaho' way cool! I am looking for a state to retire too when I retire from work work so I can do some prospecting work to relax myself. Since you live in Way NorCal and not Idaho, what states would you suggest I compare for my 'retirement'?

I enjoyed the info on Warren as well as the input on the -40 degrees..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So Jeff, you used to live in 'Idaho' way cool! I am looking for a state to retire too when I retire from work work so I can do some prospecting work to relax myself. Since you live in Way NorCal and not Idaho, what states would you suggest I compare for my 'retirement'?

I enjoyed the info on Warren as well as the input on the -40 degrees..............63bkpkr

Merry Christmas Herb! I haven't been back to ID since the late 80's and Boise had grown so much I would not ever be a part of it now. But North of there? Lots of little towns and currently your best bet for unhindered prospecting in the west.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The local Boise news speaks of congestion on the Freeway. That's when traffic slows from 85 to 65. Coming from the L.A area ,I am very amused. Merry Christmas Everybody !!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you go to Google Earth, type in

Warren, ID post office, Idaho County, ID

go to the 11:00 position and drag the map down, following the road till you can turn right on NF 346. That's the beginning of the dredge ponds. See if you can find the pic of that and the abandoned dredge. Not much left of the dredge now. I posted a pic of it on the forum back when Beets bought his first one. Maybe I should sell this one to Todd :laughing7: He could pick it up on his way to CO. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post Jeff.
Idaho is on my list for a good long visit.
It's also on the list of potential new living locations for down the road.

My friends and I are looking into setting up an Adventure bike ride in 2017 that includes Utah, the Dakotas', Montana, Idaho and into Washington.
Detectors will be going with us for sure, and if I can swing it, bring my BGT 24" sniper too.
Wives meet up with us at a few select locations, and other times were camping off the bikes.
We may need a full month to tackle all that thou.....got off track, sorry.

Point of the bikes is that we can explore some of these little gem's of old mining history, like Warren ID as Jeff pointed out.
But really up close and personal. Can't wait!!

Cheers all and merry xmas.

G

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Swaying from OP, but I love Idaho in the fall right up to when you can get out in the p/u with the trailer behind you. It's especially nice when you've got some horns tied down on the top of your outfit! :occasion14:

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love Burgdorf, Warren and the Secesh areas. Some of my most favorite places on the planet. I'd give anything to live in Secesh on Warren Wagon Rd. There's a really nice M416 military jeep trailer in Warren I'd love to have too! Tons of awesome old mining equipment in Warren. Here are some pix of Warren when I was there two years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    568.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    963.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    775.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    993.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. I remember trying to BBQ steaks @ -40 in AK. Took 45 minutes for med-rare...with propane on high! :laughing7:

This, but for a brief second, took my mind off the fact that I can't move my neck right now :laughing7:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Merry Christmas and thankyou to both of you for posting your pics !!! I have a friend that owns some land there in Idaho that has a stream on it and he invited me up there sometime to do some dredging ! I don't think im young enough to do it anymore BUT just the thought of it has me thinking again !

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Swaying from OP, but I love Idaho in the fall right up to when you can get out in the p/u with the trailer behind you. It's especially nice when you've got some horns tied down on the top of your outfit! :occasion14:

My Dad, on his very last hunting trip, got a 12 point bull elk in the area. This isn't it but that rack is a twin to his. He was mighty proud of it.

bull elk.jpg

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love Burgdorf, Warren and the Secesh areas. Some of my most favorite places on the planet. I'd give anything to live in Secesh on Warren Wagon Rd. There's a really nice M416 military jeep trailer in Warren I'd love to have too! Tons of awesome old mining equipment in Warren. Here are some pix of Warren when I was there two years ago.

Yep. All nearby and just as pretty. The Secesh River fed into the Secesh Meadows and it used to have property for sale but everyone scoffed at the idea cuz the mosquitoes there would drive you insane. Warren was too small to have a liquor license so the code word for a mixed drink at the bar was "Secesh Tea" served in a tea cup.

Another thing about Warren. Jack Pickle spent most of his life there, including every winter when he got paid to shovel snow off everyone's roof. The man had the only year round plane in town, ran the post office and owned the library, hand pump gas station and the water wheel that supplied power to the entire town. His code for all when we were using too much electricity was to flash the lights. Since we never had a power outage, that got your attention real fast and everyone would shut off non-essentials. The penalty for not enuf shut off? One hour with no power.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100Acre, is that a Northern Pike in your picture?

Jeff, I believe that North of Boise there is Geo-Thermal activity, is that correct?............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread