Hag730 Hero Member Joined Apr 29, 2012 Messages 620 Reaction score 398 Golden Thread 0 Location Saint Marys Georgia Detector(s) used Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 2, 2012 #1 I was trying for back to back gold today.... Targets were in short supply. This honker of an earring looked good in the sand.....until I could see where the plating had rubbed off in spots. The stud is marked 18KP. Upvote 0
I was trying for back to back gold today.... Targets were in short supply. This honker of an earring looked good in the sand.....until I could see where the plating had rubbed off in spots. The stud is marked 18KP.
lorraine Silver Member Joined Dec 15, 2010 Messages 4,474 Reaction score 3,764 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Minelab GT; Sov Elite Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Sep 2, 2012 #2 HAG 730, I'm sorry that the earring was not gold. I also find jewelry stamped gold , but turns out to be bogus. I also feel bad for the person who got scammed buying this falsely stamped earring Good luck on your next hunt. Lorraine
HAG 730, I'm sorry that the earring was not gold. I also find jewelry stamped gold , but turns out to be bogus. I also feel bad for the person who got scammed buying this falsely stamped earring Good luck on your next hunt. Lorraine
lookindown Gold Member Joined Mar 11, 2010 Messages 7,110 Reaction score 4,937 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida Detector(s) used ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 2, 2012 #3 That KP mark should mean it is exactly 18k, but obviously its not...I hate fake jewelery with good marks.
That KP mark should mean it is exactly 18k, but obviously its not...I hate fake jewelery with good marks.
G gord Hero Member Joined Mar 30, 2005 Messages 529 Reaction score 42 Golden Thread 0 Location London, ON Sep 2, 2012 #4 So it's an 18k stud attached to a piece of crap?
fredinbelize Hero Member Joined May 22, 2007 Messages 799 Reaction score 558 Golden Thread 0 Location Huntington Beach,CA Detector(s) used Ace250 Whites Surf PI Pro AT Pro Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Sep 2, 2012 #5 It's a pity, that would have been a hunk of gold. So near and yet........... I feel for you!!
Hag730 Hero Member Joined Apr 29, 2012 Messages 620 Reaction score 398 Golden Thread 0 Location Saint Marys Georgia Detector(s) used Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 3, 2012 Thread Owner #6 You could tell right away it was bogus by the weight......hope somebody didnt get ripped off when they bought it.
You could tell right away it was bogus by the weight......hope somebody didnt get ripped off when they bought it.