Watch Fob and a pocket spill of big old metal cars..LOL

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would actually have to have big pockets to hold these in. We found a spot in a yard this morning that appeared to once be a play area for kids. There was a few inches of top dirt and that a bunch of sand underneath. I don't know what era these are from but it was comical as I kept pulling them out of the ground. There was an alley nearby and I found this watch fob near it. It was deep and I believe it is a turn of the century fob. If you google September Morn you can learn the story of how September Morn raised an uproar years ago. Not sure what the last item is but it is silver plated. I first thought it was an ashtray but maybe it is a coaster? No old coins today, just some wheats.

100_3006.jpg

100_3007.jpg

100_3010.jpg

100_3009.jpg

Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow! Looks like you found an awesome spot!! I love the old cars (Natman will too!) and the old kiddy metal shovel! I forgot they were metal at one time. I can just imagine how many fingers were lost and tetanus shots were given because of them!

Great stuff.......Thanks for sharing!!

HH,
Moon

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the old cars WH. :icon_thumleft:
Great looking girlie FOB too. :o :tongue3:
Congrats,
MM

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Those cars are cool :icon_thumright:
the black one looks like a Lincoln Zephyr.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: sweet finds wtg

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hunt that spot to death! Those kids probably buried more than those cars. Cool that the one car still has part of the driver in it.

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
awesome cars they look from the early 50's to me
nice hunt

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They must have lost a million of those little red pickups. I found part of one myself and since then I've seen several on Tnet, most of them in pieces. Monty

RitaPA.

Mar 14, 2009
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG !!!!!!I love the cars.Its cool when you find more then one in the same hole or the same area.I am getting quite a collection from an old house I have been detecting.Also a lot of airplanes too.My oldest car from this site is a 1960 Chevy.Yours look like Tootsie cars.

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wallhanger, those are some finds with pazzazzz! You covered all the bases; cool junk cars, a naked lady, and a coaster for the brewsky. Well done Wallhanger. Well done my firend!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
The Bugatti looks more like an Offenhauser to me ( round front and back ) What does it say up in the bottom of those cars, Tootsietoys, Metal Master, Wyandotte,etc, etc..........NGE Btw, nice relics

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nowgittineverything said:
The Bugatti looks more like an Offenhauser to me ( round front and back ) What does it say up in the bottom of those cars, Tootsietoys, Metal Master, Wyandotte,etc, etc..........NGE Btw, nice relics
I found a link to one of these that was listed on Ebay. Both of the cars I found are identical to this one and they are marked inside as Hubley Kiddie Toy. The truck I found was also marked as a Hubley. If the ebay listing was correct, they are from the 30's or 40's. The pictures I posted don't do them justice because they are big cars, approximately 7" long.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slick cars WH! :icon_thumleft: Very nice. I really like the coaster, too.

Keep removing vast quantities of terra firma!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions