Watch out for kids

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pack it in at that point. If I wanted to entertain children, I would work as a clown somewhere. If I am attracting children, or adults for that matter, like flies, I am in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Had some kids ask what I was doing so I said to the five of them that I would give each of them a coin when I found it. When it was one of the little girls turn, I find a huge bronze medal from a women's cross country race. Looked like a medal from the Olympics. Had to give it to her to keep my promise. Won't do that again.

I usually leave when they started digging in my hole or old holes also.I also have a 2 foot rule and if they dont listen I leave. As long as its not a ring or redline I pass out my finds.

kids can be great but they can also create problems. I am a lot more tolerant of kids that I know and every once in a while you get a very polite kid that is interested. with my own grandkids, learned very quickly to have plastic digging tools for them to use, safer for them and for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back