Thinking along a similar line..... Well, I've started to winnow out my collection(s). Throw away, give away, grade A,B and C. Only keep Grade A and B. then I'm gonna reduce that by fifty percent if I can!
As for what's gonna happen after I'm gone..... put in writing certain items go to certain people. the majority will go to my younger brother and ultimately his children, two girls who have no current interest in artifax. At least when they sell 'em they won't be selling any fakes and I won't care LOL.
I have over a hundred small shell hammers, two and three holers, two different species, that need to go. Don't need more than a few dozen, LOL!
A close friend of mine was dying and told me, " Here take these because when I die, my brother is gonna throw out these rocks" (tools) I think we all have boxes of rocks that we would not want thrown out!