lost items recovery
Bronze Member
Most productive. Your thoughts and experiences please, guys and gals
Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
Upvote
0
Every Beach is different. Florida east coast beaches, say Ft. Lauderdale today has a high tide of 2.8' low is 0.3', Clearwater beach high and low are about the same, but the surf is much rougher on the east cost than in the Gulf. Virginia Beach high is 4.2' low is 0.5'. Boston high is 9.5' low is 0.5'. The smaller the tide swing between high and low the more stuff you will find in the water because low tide does not uncover all the places where people have been swimming at high tide. When the tide swing is greater than the depth a man can stand, then there will clearly be wet sand places at low tide that someone swimming at high tide will have had to be. There is lots to consider. The more you hunt the more you will find and the more you will usually learn about the beach where YOU hunt. Do you have 20 years of experience because you have continued to try new things and places or do you have 1 year of experience 20 times over because you continue to do the same thing over and over again? Happy Hunting. Beach papa
I agree 100%. I've cleaned up after those rogue wave events. Nobody pays attention to high and low tides and are always caught by surprise.
I hunt in the water, the wet sand, and dry sand when it is high tide, I find more jewelry by far in the water or wet sand than I ever find in the dry sand.....I would guess it is close to 90% myself as well.....
I have found 9 diamonds rings to date 6 in water, 2 in wet sand and 1 in dry sand. I can't tell you amount of time devoted to each area, never tracked it,But what percent of time do you shallow water hunt, wet sand hunt, or dry sand hunt.
I have found more jewlery in the water as I shallow water hunt for health reasons, however, most of the jewlery is of little
value as it is new age. Also, my finds in dry sand are usually in better condition, as they are fresh drops.
When you hunt on dry sand, you are always sanded in!
Tie a gold ring with a piece of dental floss or fishing line about 18 inches long and cork on end and drop it at the waters edge and watch what happens to it, I did......LOL
I have found 9 diamonds rings to date 6 in water, 2 in wet sand and 1 in dry sand. I can't tell you amount of time devoted to each area, never tracked it,
Summer time I usually hunt water unless it is rough which happens a lot here, then I hunt wet sand then try sand. I found 5 gold, 2 of which had diamonds one day all in the water or wet sand just above the water line and it was low tide....
Your in Hawaii, could be totally different there compared to Florida beaches, I just know here I have far better luck finding gold in the water or wet sad than I ever have in dry sand....
I recall hunting with a PI and digging a hammer out under water, talk about being pissed as it sunk further and further till I finally got it out.
Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet