lost items recovery
Bronze Member
Most productive. Your thoughts and experiences please, guys and gals
Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
Upvote
0
. I have the same experience as you. However, I am in California and it's very hard to get into the water due to the surf.Interesting fellas. I must suck at water hunting! 85 percent of my finds were in the wet sand with the exception of a few water finds in the trough at the low tide line. My deep water targets often seemed to allude me due to current and continuous sinking. Coins and the like were not a problem lead neither. Maybe switching machines too often was the problem or maybe I suck! Don't know. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
. I have the same experience as you. However, I am in California and it's very hard to get into the water due to the surf.
That's why I get just into the waters edge and hunt that and the wet sand. Don't get me wrong, I've found a few nice rings just beyond the waters edge also. When I was hunting east coast of Florida I could wait to head to the gulf coast for calmer water but then I realized how many hunters were able to get in and hit it well before I could get there. Now I can't wait to get back to the east coast where the surf stirs it all up and pushes it out into the sand. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
. I have the same experience as you. However, I am in California and it's very hard to get into the water due to the surf.
I doubt that number as not everyone who goes to the beach goes into the water: some cannot swim,90% of all jewelry that is lost, is lost in the water.
stay out of the water there's sharks in there !Most productive. Your thoughts and experiences please, guys and gals Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
I hunt in the water, the wet sand, and dry sand when it is high tide, I find more jewelry by far in the water or wet sand than I ever find in the dry sand.....I would guess it is close to 90% myself as well.....I doubt that number as not everyone who goes to the beach goes into the water: some cannot swim,
water to ruff, fear of sharks, etcetera, etcetera.
Where does this 90% number come from?
Is there any proof to support this number?
stay out of the water there's sharks in there !
I agree 100%. I've cleaned up after those rogue wave events. Nobody pays attention to high and low tides and are always caught by surprise.I can't count how many times I've seen people's towels and beach bags get swamped by the incoming tides. I would think that much of the items lost at the beach are due to people leaving their items at the towel line too close to the incoming tide.