What's new

Water hunting wears

Kj Upton

Greenie
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been out all Summer water hunting neck deep. I am getting a real dark tan and have had some nice burns even with sunscreen on. Are there any shirts that you guys wear to protect your upper body from the sun. Lots of melanoma in my family so I don’t want to get Any more sun.
 
Amazon has UV shirts and also what are called Fishing sleeves. The fishing sleeves somewhat obviously are for those that fish all day and want to protect their arms. The UV shirts do basically the same thing.

I've never used either as I tan well without burning. But I've heard good things about the sleeves. Don't know much about the shirts
 
I recommend a hooded fishing shirt...
 
Thanks what’s the least likely to draw attention. I do wear a Wide brimmed Tilley hat. Does anyone just wear a regular button up fishing shirt ?
 
Also a FULL rimmed hat
 
UPF 50 long sleeve t-shirt, gloves. As for headwear, it all depends on what phones I'm using. With classic muffs, I have to wear either a ball cap with neck shield, or a full shemagh. With behind-head muffs or pods I usually wear a sombrero. Cuz why not?
 
IMG-20220820-WA0000.webp
IMG-20220820-WA0002.webp

Spf 50, quick dry material, long sleeves, and Hoodi. The Hoodi seems like it would be to much, but its not. This material when its wet and your wearing it will cool you off like AC If there's a breeze !!
 
Great photos. Yes, those are nice tops to wear for comfort and protection. They make a good under garment in cooler weather as well. We use them hunting and fishing both hot and cold.
 
I have multiple sun shirts, both short and long sleeves rated 50SPF, and I have just the sleeves that are spf50 I can put on. Many times I wear the quick dry lightweight fishing pants in the water, if not then I have on swim trunks and use sunscreen. I also wear sunscreen on my face and hands too, any skin that can be exposed to the sun has sunscreen, I don't play around with skin cancer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom