What's new

Water Machine Maintainence Silicone?

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,421
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How often should I be lubricating my O-ring? When my factory supplied tubes run out, what do I use, and where should I get it?
 
Upvote 0
Terry Soloman said:
How often should I be lubricating my O-ring? When my factory supplied tubes run out, what do I use, and where should I get it?
You got a factory supply tube?! Lucky dude!

I got an excal, I get my silicone grease, Dow 111 is it, sometimes repackaged, at Brownie Marine Dive shop in Ft Laud. They use it on the underwater scooters, connections, etc..........Check your local dive shop and/or marine toy store, maybe go on-line and order.

My water cat "Fluffy", gets a GOOD bath, after every outing, dried down, visually inspected, etc.....
I check the prongs every time before I re-connect. It's an eye-balling thing, for me. If there seems to be enough, I don't over-goop. I find a toothpick helps me get it down to the base of the connectors better.
I could be doing something wrong and not know it? Maybe some other guys will answer and have more info. Good luck!
 
Terry you can get this at Radio Shack , that is the only place around here that I can. Most electronic parts supply stores carry this lube.
 
Home Depot, Lowes, Many Ace Hardwares in the plumbing departments and dive shops also carry silcone grease...
 
Hey Terry,
Go to 123scuba.com this is where I got mine from it is the same silicone gel that is used for diving bought it 2 years ago and still have alot left. It won't dry out the seals. I was told the same thing about going to lows homedepote and what not you have to be carefull on what you use because if its not what the detector manufacture uses or says to use it can void warranty along with dry out and crack your seal.
drewan
 
I was told by Minelab, Do not use the Permatex dielectric grease.
The silicone grease I got in a small "tub", should last 5+ years, with normal use, with two machines.
 
In addition to the building supply stores that others have mentioned, pool supply stores carry it along with dive shops, but dive shops are twice the price. The squeeze tube is better than the sticking stuff that comes in a metal container.
 
Pool supply stores have it too
 
THANK YOU one and all!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom