im on a slab on a river it was 10 steps from cresting the bank behind the house
as of now its 10-12 feet from my back door
i still has another 3 feet go before it hits the back porch of the house
the street and water department are giving away sand bags
maybe needing them in morning :-\
alas all is not lost
look on the bright side
is there one ;D :D :D :D
http://www.weather.com/weather/map/...m=7&interactiveMapLayer=radar&animation=false

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only up side to the flooding is you might have a nice catfish in your back yard. I live on a large hill but I get a lot of lightning strikes.

S

skydiv

i live 80 miles west chicago. this month we broke alltime high record for rain fall at 13 inches and it is still raining at least through tonite. probably 14 before it is over. I haven't detected for the last 2 weeks. they just said on the news that this month is the wetest month since keeping records. hay dekalb, aron wilson of the news is on his way to film. 6:30 am

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Its been raining here for 6 days straight......getting old .....yesterday I went down to check my boat and there were a line of animals waiting to get on board...... the garden is now floating and I have had to put life jackets around my tomatoes .....but the rice is doing well...my girls are wearing flippers outside to play

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for underwater Detectors :D

Just think of it this way,
Next year Drought ;)
Things gotta even out.

All kidding aside,
Stay safe !

Jeff

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
too funny Gypsy, we have had about an inch, not enough, weeds are growing again but not the grass, this drought is hurtting the farmers, send the storms a little further north we can use it

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys can send me some rain...please!! The grass is brown over the septic tank.

;) RR

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel sorry for the people who live near the water around here-I've seen some major flooding in backyards and ducks swimming in what are normally soccer fields. I'm feeling cranky because I've not been able to get outside and I really need a hunting fix. I've got my maps spread on the dining room table with highlighters and red pens strewn all over the place but what good does that do when you can't put your feet on the grass without sinking to your ankles? I woke up in the middle of the night because of the thunder and starting thinking of all of the silver coins sinking deeper and deeper :'( It's supposed to clear up by Sunday, but who knows how long it'll take for things to dry out..I guess the weekend is shot.

S

stefen

Never having experienced flooding, so I cannot say that I know what your are feeling or going through.

I do know that I would rather experience Mother Nature's little burps (earthquakes) than her tears or bad breath.

All I can say is best of luck...and Gypsy, might want to use floaties (waterwings) on the tomatos.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDE....are you on the Fox River back there. I've heard there could be some problems with that one. My brother likes on the Fox but more in the central Wisconsin area. Hope all is well with you. My brother had to use his flood insurance year before last. First time the Fox had ever flooded that bad.

Haoleman

Aug 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hey Backerpacker NICE BUTS ;) Bet you didn't get those in Ca. Where do you call home? I lived in Willits and Ukiah for 15 years. Then Hawaii and now Minnesota? :o :o :o
We live just a few miles from the town of Rushford and we escaped all flooding. Rushford wasn't so lucky. The whole town was under water. over 200 people lost their homes. That's 30% of al the homes there. The whole business district was under water. Thank God the "Bushman" got smart and signed a fed disaster relief package for the area. There people are mostly living near the poverty level and now have nothing. No stuff, no jobs no food and water. Army is doing a marshal law thing here. Nobody goes or comes without a permit. Our only problem is that people come to our area to ride the 65 mile bicycle trail and a portion has washed away. It is not rebuildable as the river charted a new course so unless they can see the cost of another bridge in Minnesota, it will hurt the business of five towns that rely on the trail. If you want to see a bit about us and our area. Our visitor's center website is www.lanesboro.com and we are Mrs B's Historic Inn.

Terry

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Red Bluff and work in Redding, CA. I've just seen you folks back there getting pounded for days now. Out here, if there is a disaster, they just raise taxes to take care of it. I know how small towns back there can depend on certain little things for livlihood. I hope things settle down there soon and you all have a speedy recovery. Stuff is just stuff but lives are being lost in all of this. Stay safe

OP
OP
E

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i/we put 5-6 tons (prolly way more) of sand bags all around my "crib"
ill spare the details
the fox is crazy high above the banks
i live on the kishwaukee river
man, me and all my neighbors on low side helped each other and kicked ass
and took #'s
no thankx at all to the city of DEKALB public works
they failed many people,including US ALL here on my block known as "the bowl"
side note i saw a 3-4 foot carp in my yard ??? :D ;D
tons of frogs
mice, rats ,chipmunks, possums all heading for the high ground
smarter then me ,hu? ::)
anyway mother nature
i won this one ;D
side note i got no water in my house 8)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Ed,

I'm sooooooooooo sorry you have to go thru this :(
floods suck!!!!!!!!
we went thru 2 in 11 months!!!!!! mother's day '06, and tax day '07 :(
i TOTALLY know how how frustrating it is to have water everywhere, but
fresh from the tap :(
we're still not drinking our water.

hang in there

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:-X This has been a bad year for just about every one of us in one way or another. Glad to hear you and your neighbors all pulled together and got the sand bags placed. I wish you the best of luck and stay safe!

Desertfox

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rain you say,this is my back yard. The kids were having a blast.

Attachments

• DSC00274.jpg
    DSC00274.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 177

StogieJim

Feb 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Exp 2, Tejon, & Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you're still dry Ed!!! I admire you're ability to keep a sense of humor in a tough spot.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread